• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

AAR Feedback
06-22-2007, 10:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-22-2007, 10:52 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
RE:��AAR Feedback
Bootie Wrote:LMAO... now thats challenge.

Yes mate, and no sooner had I posted it than somebody gave me a red clicky for it, somebody's running scared.. ;) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KilNY9CbjI
Quote this message in a reply
06-23-2007, 01:28 PM,
RE:����AAR Feedback
PoorOldSpike Wrote:In that case Charlie,I hereby challenge you to an armoured battle, you'll be so terrified that you'll win for sure..:)
And i'll do a long detailed AAR with lots of screenshots explaining to the astounded world how you did it,titled in big letters 'THE COIL BEATS POS'.
Hey I can send you the 'Fireflies v Tigers' scenario,I'm currently playing 10 other Blitz doods at it, all trying to hunt down POS the Terminator..

I think I already told you no once...but the offer still stands for that 3000pt infantry attack QB. Schwerpunkt wasn't afraid, why should you be?

I fully expect you to decline, and probably post that picture of you driving the float again. It's understandable, most people are a little scared to play a former Blitz ladder leader like myself. In fact, I might make it my policy to only play other former Blitz ladder leaders like Colonel T.
06-23-2007, 01:30 PM,
RE: ��AAR Feedback
PoorOldSpike Wrote:Yes mate, and no sooner had I posted it than somebody gave me a red clicky for it, somebody's running scared.. ;) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KilNY9CbjI

You continue to seem mystified by the red clickies. I don't think people give them out randomly. It's probable you get them when people find you irritating. Either quit being irritating or quit obsessing about getting red clickies.
06-23-2007, 10:24 PM,
RE: ����AAR Feedback
The Coil Wrote:
PoorOldSpike Wrote:......In that case Charlie,I hereby challenge you to an armoured battle......

I think I already told you no once...but the offer still stands for that 3000pt infantry attack QB....

I'd be so bored I'd rather watch paint dry mate, I never play inf-heavy games as you well know.. ;)
Er...just for the record do you play with tanks against other people, or is it just my tanks you're dodging?
06-23-2007, 10:59 PM,
RE: AAR Feedback
Back on the topic of the thread, I've been thinking about AARs v DARs, and I'm heavily in favour of During Action Reports for several reasons:

1. AARs tend to be done in one hit after the event. DAR's in contrast get written a small bit as a time, which is not only more manageable for the writer but also easier on the reader.
2. The episodic "serial" nature of a DAR creates, I think, more anticipation as people tune in for the latest installment.
3. From a forum mods point of view, a problem with an AAR forum can be that a bunch of AARs get written up for it in the first flush of enthusiasm, and after that it dies down. A DAR over the course of a month of two is far better at maintaining interest and you only need one or two going to generate posts every day.

For those reasons I'd far prefer DAR's.....and I prefer reading them personally too.
06-23-2007, 11:07 PM,
I've tried DAR's but they're only good up to a point.
I prefer AAR's because by the end of the game you've got a full collection of files in the can which resemble the 'takes' from a film, and you can therefore sift through them without any hurry like a film director to select the 'scenes' that tell the story best, and leave the rest on the cutting room floor.
06-24-2007, 01:27 AM,
THE TANK COMBAT BADGE (PANZERKAMPFABZEICHEN)

Initially awarded to panzer crewmen who had taken part in 3 separate tank engagements on 3 different days, later variants included awards to armoured car crews etc in silver and bronze

[Image: tankcombatbadge.jpg]
06-24-2007, 01:06 PM,
RE:������AAR Feedback
PoorOldSpike Wrote:
The Coil Wrote:
PoorOldSpike Wrote:......In that case Charlie,I hereby challenge you to an armoured battle......

I think I already told you no once...but the offer still stands for that 3000pt infantry attack QB....

I'd be so bored I'd rather watch paint dry mate, I never play inf-heavy games as you well know.. ;)
Er...just for the record do you play with tanks against other people, or is it just my tanks you're dodging?

Not really dodging. My dance card is kinda full right now, so I'm limiting myself to only known quality opponents. Right now, my criteria for 'quality' is 'those who've led the Blitz ladder', like me and Colonel T have. If I have some openings later, I might consider taking a battle against someone who has only led lesser ladders. But it won't be against someone who has a set of stock excuses about how they 'weren't really playing' every time they get beat. And it won't be playing in a scenario they've designed and played a skillion times.
06-24-2007, 01:08 PM,
RE: ������AAR Feedback
06-24-2007, 01:12 PM,
RE:��AAR Feedback