• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

FOO restriction and OP FIRE write ups.
06-17-2007, 07:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-17-2007, 07:54 AM by Fubar.)
RE: FOO restriction and OP FIRE write ups.
Ahh God Bless Hollywood and the A-Team, thanks to that show a generation grew up thinking you could roll a car multiple times and all that would happen was you'd get out and shake your head a little. Eek

My fav episode would have to be when they got locked in a tool shed and made a tank out of a large fork lift truck, a steel dustbin for a turret, metal sheets for armour and armed it with a rivet gun......bet the bad guys didn't see that coming. LMAO

cheers
Quote this message in a reply
06-17-2007, 12:52 PM,
RE: FOO restriction and OP FIRE write ups.
Fubar Wrote:
Weasel Wrote:ALL rules in SP are based upon mutual player agreement, even the game results. So no it isn't a mandatory rule. You and your opponent can come up with anything you like, as long as both agree. Hell I am playing a couple of games right now that don't even use flags, the outcome is a mutual agreement of what we thought the battle showed.

Cool.....sounds like a good rule, in CM each arty unit has a single spotter on board to call in rounds. If he gets it then no more arty from that particular asset.

Off track a little....does this mean that in real life ordinary dung beetles can't call in arty support? If so someone should tell Hollywood. ;)

cheers

That depends. There is a bureaucratic slugfest going down at the pentagon right now over just that. The Army wants to let anybody call for air support, like the marines do. The Air Force thinks it requires an air force body to order an airstrike. The Air Farce is bleeding bodies nowdays. Pilots being replaced by pimple faced geeks with a mouse running their UACV's. The robots don't require the maintenance that a piloted fighter does, so there go some ground slots. So the Air Farce Brass is clinging on to every body they can sign up, since bodies mean budgets.
There are over 40,000 robots on the ground in Iraq and Afghanistan, not counting the ones flying in the sky.
It is technologically possible to build an early version of the Terminator today (T-11, I think it was). So far there hasn't been a big rush to arm the ground pounding combat droids, but that will change soon.
There is a Patrol Robot that is being field tested in Iraq as I type. It rolls out to it's assigned post and stands guard. It's armed with an LMG (SAW) and can stand guard for about 18 hours between battery charges. So far it is programmed to call home before it kills anything, but that can be changed with a mouse click.
"I totally don't know what that means, but I WHOUNT it!"
-Jessica Simpson
Quote this message in a reply