• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Beware of Entering the Matrix
06-14-2007, 02:10 AM,
RE: ��Beware of Entering the Matrix
Larac Wrote:Jason will get it fixed, and then we will see new units and such as well, also if there is an issue still in the way, drop him a note on the Matrix fourms, it looks like he is putting a list together, for the future.

Well i've already asked on the Matrix MB if as lots of material from PB#1 and the now pretty much dead PB#2 & PB#3 was used in the Matrix version would this club be getting some kind of support , still no reply on that question not even a vague one line answer.

Von Earlmann Wrote:I don't really care about FOTR or any of the stock scenarios

Well FOTR is only a small annoyance unlike the Vista bug where your unable to fire at hard-vehicles which makes the whole game pretty much unplayable apart from some RS stuff.
Quote this message in a reply
06-14-2007, 02:56 AM,
RE: Beware of Entering the Matrix
With the current release I also feel I have most of what I wanted:

-Night combat in WF
-Units that I couldn't select before, but were historically present.
-A new lifespan for the game. Let's be honest, if Matrix had not stepped aboard, this game would have slowly died with the emergence of Vista that is unstoppable no matter how bad the OS is.
-Not having to change my worn out disks anymore.

My wishlist left is quite small actually and is limited to some abilities for engineers, crewed and transportable boats and a hex side that can only be traversed by infantry.
Pictures for farms and windmills would also be nice.
I don't care much for any of the numerous other proposals and wishes I've heard; some of these go way too much in detail IMO.

Huib

06-14-2007, 03:09 AM,
I totally agreee with Huib about extending the life of this game. With the release of CS by Matrix we now can depend on support for any issues going forward. This includes new OS, new abilities incorporated into the game, new mods (such as WW1, which needs some code work done to dumb down command and control issues). It is a very good thing Matrix has done for the CS community IMO.
06-14-2007, 05:21 AM,
Well i dont know a quick few bucks for Matrix rushing the game through.Say what you like i wont buy until all the bugs are fixed.Fed up have you got the patch can i play against you etc.Plenty of experienced members put a lot into info scenarios etc for Matrix-Jason you seem to have done the most ie not blaming you or all the others just seems Matrix has rushed this through to start earning money.Dont get me wrong seems to be some very positive things about it but until its sorted????????.My Duaghter was going to buy me it for Fathers Day but told her to hold on.SIGH.
06-14-2007, 05:43 AM,
Go for it John.....it's a good buy..........even without my scenarios....LOL.............I will send them to you and they will run on Matrix :-)
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
06-14-2007, 06:30 AM,
RE:��Beware of Entering the Matrix
Von Earlmann Wrote:Go for it John.....it's a good buy..........even without my scenarios....LOL.............I will send them to you and they will run on Matrix :-)

I would like to see them as well.

Thanks
Lee
06-14-2007, 10:52 AM,
wow,

some of the harping here...sounds like professional harpers...would harp about anything, anytime...anywhere.

...urp...at least when I harp...I'm drunk...

cheers guys
Town Drunk
06-14-2007, 11:26 AM,
RE:��Beware of Entering the Matrix
06-14-2007, 11:56 PM,
While Matrix might have a tendency to release things a little early (and to be honest most software companies do these days), in my experience they continue to support their software long after other companies stop.

I play Uncommon Valor and War in the Pacific from Matrix, and they are still working on improving the game after 4+ years of release. Not just stomping out the occasional bug that crops up (oftentimes generated by a patch), but also adding features and incorporating the suggestions/requests/pleas of the users. And all of this without the serious prospect of releasing another game using the same engine.

They may not be perfect, but they are definitely alright in my book. :cool:
06-15-2007, 04:44 AM,
Raven (Eddie) - where the hell you been man? Ed and I thought you - well - you know - been along while my friend - welcome back!

If you want to write me - I am at:

[email protected]

Good to see that you re-surfaced!