• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Play Methods
06-12-2007, 10:42 PM,
Play Methods
I am playing a few practice games against the pc before taking on some of you guys in a pzc game. However it seems to me that there are two very different ways of playing this game:

1. With the manual defensive fire optional rule and the automatic fire optional rule. That is a phased turn with AI defensive fire or

2. The default method.

What is the most popular or prefered method by players at this club? Both methods result in very different games. I dont really have a preference, I would just like to get up to speed with one or the other. Thanks
Quote this message in a reply
06-13-2007, 12:04 AM,
RE: Play Methods
All pbem games I've played use the default defensive fire. Have never had anyone suggest otherwise.
06-13-2007, 12:23 AM,
Very early on Normandy was strongly suggested to be played with MDF. Revised scn's now have eliminated that need. I've played only once with MDF in N44, and it took some time to play the scn, but the process is interesting. Shoop.
06-13-2007, 04:45 AM,
When i first joined here i asked the very same question, i was told that 99% of games are played with the default method turns and nothing has changed since. :)
06-13-2007, 06:20 AM,
ok. The way ahead is clear. Thanks for your help. :)