• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

advice
06-11-2007, 09:21 AM,
advice
Hey all,

I had an uncle that passed away recently and am interested in researching his service in WWII. I recently found out he was in the glider airborne. I know he was in Normandy and the Bulge.

I would like to see if I can research where his unit went etc. Is there a web site you can recomend or organization? If so, what info will I need on my uncle to get the info I need?

I wish i talked to him about it when he was alive. To those that know some one and hasn't talked to them about their service I suggest you do it before they are gone, I wish I did.

Thanks for all your help fellas!

Steve.
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2007, 10:03 AM,
RE: advice
Assuming that he was in one of the glider regiments attached to either the 101st or 82nd, the great news is that there is a significant amount of readily available literature that will help you sort things out. Main thing you need to know is his unit info; the deeper you can drill, the better (Ideally, if you can get down to the company level, it'll allow you to search out references to his unit to a pretty fine degree).

For the 82nd, a detailed acount is "All American All the Way". for the 101st, "Redezvus with Destiny". Those are good starting points with easily available works.

Don Fox
06-13-2007, 05:19 AM,
www.geneology.com offers access to their records with membership. I found my grandfather's WW I info, including a citation for bravery.
06-15-2007, 05:18 AM,
Thanks Gents,

I appreciate your suggestions!

Steve.