• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Attn Walrus
06-10-2007, 10:50 PM,
RE: Attn Walrus
I wouldn't want to meddle in your private discussion, but I think the problem is just that the connection between provider A and provider B is closed. But not with other providers. So provider A can send / receive emails from provider C, D, E... Same with provider B.

The solution is that just one of you use an alternate email.

It could even be a more local problem. If a hacker forges the email address of Walrus and sends spam to the provider of Vesku, then the latter blocks the connection, so that Vesku can't receive / send email to Walrus.

Whatever it is, I suspect it is due to clumsy anti-spams rules from ISPs.
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2007, 11:24 AM,
Hi Matxer
You make a good point there mate.
He used my second address and then it went through to both addresses...so I am not sure what was happening there.

I had a similar problem with a work contact.
I was the only person they could not send mail to...and they were the only people that I was not getting mail from.

So...what to do???
A strange situation and very annoying.

BTW...it is good to see you back at the club. I was just about to pass you on the ladder (in a few games time) and become the highest ranked Legionnaire...but you have returned and spoiled my party :hissy:

We must battle again some day.
I am too busy now to start anything but would be happy to meet you on the field in the future.

Respect
Jason
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
06-11-2007, 08:10 PM,
Hi Jason,

Thx for the kind words.

Regarding personal emails, the only cure is to use an alternate email address from another provider.

But if it is professional, you should contact your IT helpdesk who is supposed to be in contact with the provider because companies pay for their domain names.

Yes, I have come back because only a French citizen deserves to be the #1 in the Legion. ;) But I see you're the only Legion Centurion. That can't be...

I'll have a battle with you when you're available. I love to be crushed from times to times. :)