• Downloads

SAW:��First impressions
06-08-2007, 11:57 PM,
RE: SAW:��First impressions
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2007, 07:30 AM,
RE:��SAW:��First impressions
general_solomon Wrote:Do you know how many people can play online at the same time?

You should be able to have 2 or 3 per side without problem, and I know the guys playing the Naval games have had as many as 10 per side...but really more than 2 per side won't work too well for this game due to force sizes.

And welcome to the community! :)
06-09-2007, 02:37 PM,
:) Ah that's where I'm different. Loved it from my very first game.

Obviously what attracted me at first was the tactical focus. That is what I love. The more I have played it the more I have appreciated the engine. There is still room for improvement, but overall I reckon it is a very good game.

There is a whole swag of games that let the player play in WWII, Vietnam, Korea and Afghanistan. Superb. Of course my favourite would be a Kiwi invasion of Aussie ;)

What I do like about it as well is that it is turn based. I'm still getting burnt by the real time (and varients) games. Even though I do like CM/CMAK/CMBB I still prefer good old turn based. Long may we see this type of game.

06-10-2007, 01:08 AM,
I also loved them from the beginning, mostly because the first one released was Vietnam and there had not been a good Vietnam game released in a long time!

It does take some getting used to though.

I love tactical board games as well, and Squad Battles has that feel.