• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Visible and invisible hexes
06-02-2007, 04:37 AM,
Visible and invisible hexes
I am sure that someone has already asked this before me but I cannot find the thread and I would like to know why it is not incorporated to the PzC system.
I would like a button or Hot Key that shades the invisible hexes for all my units. This will speed up the designing of movement.

Panagiotis
Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2007, 04:54 AM,
RE: Visible and invisible hexes
Do you mean Visibility? If so, the hot key is "s".
06-02-2007, 06:19 AM,
RE:��Visible and invisible hexes
Engelbrekt Wrote:Do you mean Visibility? If so, the hot key is "s".
S shows the visible hexes from the spot hex.
I would like to know what hexes are visible from all my units.
The meaning of this is that there are hidden objects (mines, units, obstacles...) in invisible hexes and is tedious to check every hex in your path using Hot key S.

Panagiotis
06-05-2007, 04:55 AM,
This post is for return to the top of the list.
Any reply from the Old Guard?

Regards
Panagiotis
06-05-2007, 06:53 AM,
No such key.
Send this user an email
06-05-2007, 08:13 AM,
RE:��Visible and invisible hexes
10-3 SquadLeader Wrote:This post is for return to the top of the list.

OK - so the question is:

"I would like a button or Hot Key that shades the invisible hexes for all my units. This will speed up the designing of movement."

And the Answer was - there is no such key.

To elaborate, you can slect any Single units and see what hexes this unit can see. You can leave this function ON and then selct a different unit and see what that unit or hex can see. But there is no key that says from all hexes that I have unit, what are ALL hexes that I can see.

So is there something more in the question that I am missing?

Glenn
Send this user an email
06-05-2007, 08:57 AM,
This is what I want to say.
I think that such a key is very useful.
When I move a unit and I want to be sure that there is not a bad surprise like mines in its path I must click in the hex in which I want to enter leaving the hot key S active.
As I said this is a tedious proccess.
Then there is the danger of the hidden enemy units for my units using travel mode. In this case I have to check not only the hexes in my unit's path but also the hexes (at least) adjacent to these hexes. If there was a key the move planning would be much more fast; I would move in the known area the unit in travel mode and before entering the unknown area I would change its mode.

Regards
Panagiotis
06-07-2007, 02:17 AM,
The idea is that you don't see mines in advance. von ege
06-07-2007, 03:19 AM,
I can see the mines in visible hexes and I cannot see the mines in invisible hexes.
The matter is that I don't see at a glance which hexes are visible to my force and which not. OK, I can check if a specific hex is visible or not but it is tedious to do it while I move a unit for every hex in its path.

Panagiotis
06-07-2007, 05:11 AM,
"When I move a unit and I want to be sure that there is not a bad surprise like mines in its path."

That's the whole point of the game!

"Then there is the danger of the hidden enemy units for my units using travel mode."

Yes, those are often nasty surprises. If you don't like them, allow me to suggest chess. von egeBig Grin