B45 units regrow !!!
05-30-2007, 11:16 PM,
B45 units regrow !!!
Has anyone noticed all units eliminated in B45 seem to regrow

M

Quote this message in a reply
05-31-2007, 02:33 AM,
RE: B45��units regrow !!!
Yes I think I have seen eliminated units get reconstituted at recovery / replacment strength (ie. 2%, 3%). If that the case then this is definately a good thing.
Send this user an email
05-31-2007, 05:27 AM,
RE: B45 units regrow !!!
05-31-2007, 05:42 AM,
I noticed this when I tested the Beta MG44 patch. I could not send my files to Glen due to a block on my ISP by his ISP, I have not seen it on other patches.

Mike
05-31-2007, 10:01 AM,
So its when the units have a replacement rate ....
In fact thets really good because in long campaigns players target the small units fior the sake of eliminating them ( gamey )

This is a big departure . I hope it stays in the game

Michael
05-31-2007, 12:18 PM,
Cav,

I would beg to differ on the elimination of units (large or small) as to being "gamey". I will do everything in my power to eliminate a small or weakend unit (especially armor) so that they will not regenrate and live to fight another day.

Elimination of your enemies units is essential for victory. Just my humble opinion.

Tobias
05-31-2007, 12:39 PM,
RE: B45 units regrow !!!
Not to mention small units still can act as spotters for artillery and planes. Kill the small guys just makes sense...:smg:
05-31-2007, 12:56 PM,
RE:��B45��units regrow !!!
Send this user an email
05-31-2007, 09:58 PM,
On hitting units, I prefer hitting a xxx men unit than a xx men one cause the unit with more than 100 men is potentially more dangerous to my own units. At least that's the way I analize the situation.
06-01-2007, 12:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-01-2007, 12:48 AM by Peter Szabo.)
I am happy to hear that this is a bug, as I was satisfied with the system as it was.

In my view, the recovery rules are very simple, but they are also carefully balanced:

- On the one hand, as long as a unit survives, it can recover any number of losses given time. By the rules, the more under strength a unit is, the faster it can regain strength.

- On the other hand, once a unit is destroyed, it will not be replaced (save HQs). This reflects the fact that some losses are permanent, or at least cannot be made good within the time scale.

Remove the second leg, and the balance is lost: you will get indestructible armies. Even for the Wehrmacht, some unit losses were beyond recovery. And yes, I think it is not gamey to try to inflict lasting damage on the enemy.

Just my 2 cents.