• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Question for Glenn
05-18-2007, 04:27 AM,
Question for Glenn
The other day I was mailing with VM about the Mc Namara values and also about expansion packs. For some years I have some ideas for scenarios of battles that took place in my own country: Holland. The problem though is that I don't have any PzC maps of the areas needed. As it happens these areas are just off the edges of both the MG44 map and the F40 map.
My question: has HPS mapped more of Holland than we have in F40 and M44? And if so, would it be possible for me to get these parts?
I fully understand why HPS has decided not to deliver a map editor, but the downside of that decision is that some very interesting battles now will never be created as it is unlikely that they will fit in any future titles.

The battles I had in mind are the battle of the Grebbeberg near Rhenen in may 1940. In this case the MG44 map has Wageningen and the Grebbeberg near Rhenen, but doesn't stretch far enough to the west and north to cover the events.
The other battle is a 'what if' situation: " Fall Braun" was developed in support of the Ardennes offensive by Kurt Student where the 1st Fallschirmjaeger Armee would strike towards Antwerp from the north in case that the Ardennes offensive was succesful.

Thanks
Huib
Quote this message in a reply
05-18-2007, 05:34 AM,
RE: Question for Glenn
Huib,

I think the issue is not with the map editor, but with finding source maps of the era in question, then translating those features into a playable map.

The expansion set of scenarios for S41 were designed with the map editor that come with the games. The designer added an extra 40 - 50 Km to the western edge of the S41 CG map and started the time line a couple of days earlier to simulate the Russian retreat / flight of their armored forces that were mauled by the abortive Russian offensive at Lepel.

I hope Glenn can add something here for you as adding on to an existing map is something the current editors can do.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
05-18-2007, 06:08 AM,
Dog Soldier,
Source maps are no problem for me because I have an atlas that contains all of Holland in topographical 1:50.000 maps the Germans made of Holland during WW2. The thing cost me over $500... would be nice to be able to use it. For me the sole problem is not having the editor at hand.

Huib
05-18-2007, 07:12 AM,
Huib Wrote:My question: has HPS mapped more of Holland than we have in F40 and M44?

I can't speak for HPS, but I don't have any additional PzC Maps in Holland. For that matter, nor do I have the source map used to create that title as John Tiller made that map himself.

Glenn
Send this user an email
05-18-2007, 10:00 PM,
RE:��Question for Glenn
05-19-2007, 12:14 AM,
RE: ��Question for Glenn

Quote:As far as I know no map editor comes with the game. Am I wrong?

No - no map editor that comes with the game. Each title is a standalone battle and there is enough map with each to cover the battles for each game in question.

We've extended the maps in some games and even created new small sections is other titles too but we have no plans at this time to do this here.

Glenn
Send this user an email
05-19-2007, 06:31 AM,
Oops, looks like my memory was wrong. Thank you for the clarification Glenn.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp