• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

FYI Y'All
05-16-2007, 07:19 PM,
RE:��FYI Y'All
mcwkjoyce Wrote:But wait! I am actually English so....well ... actually that isnt much of an improvement.

Yeah Ireland gubbed them too. :whis:
Quote this message in a reply
05-16-2007, 07:40 PM,
RE: FYI Y'All
Still World Champions tho! At least for a few more months....
05-16-2007, 10:29 PM,
Looking forward to the World Cup, especially after the recent Super 14 results ;)
05-17-2007, 08:34 AM,
Ahhh.....I should have known the Saffies would be along sooner or later :) Those were two very fine semis on the weekend....good to see someone other than the usual suspects is going to win the Super 14 this year...
05-17-2007, 06:21 PM,
Yeah, yeah... gotta gloat when we at last finally win something again.

So far, I've yet to run into another South African playing CM on here.
05-18-2007, 09:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-18-2007, 09:27 AM by McIvan.)
05-18-2007, 11:36 AM,
RE: ��FYI Y'All
05-18-2007, 02:36 PM,
"gubbed" - a term used by Irishmen who failed high school English Big Grin It means "beat". Bootie is referring to the fact that the Irish rugby team recently defeated England in the Six Nations tournament (England, France, Ireland, Wales, Scotland, Italy)

"Saffies" are South Africans....

"Super 14" is a rugby tournament played between provincially based franchises in New Zealand (five sides), South Africa (five sides) and Australia (four sides). This year for a change the South African sides have done well and two of them are contesting the final, after defeating two NZ sides in the semi-finals. Don't mention this years Super 14 rugby to an Australian, since they will either burst into tears or proclaim that they only watch Rugby League or Australian Rules.

"Tri Nations" is the international test rugby series that follows on a couple of months after Super 14...South Africa, Australia and New Zealand (the mighty All Blacks!) play each other for the title of Tri-Nations Champions.

All this rugby is working towards the Rugby World Cup, being played (mostly) in France in September.

Feel free to make the fatal error of asking me about the magnificent game of rugby any time :)
05-18-2007, 02:56 PM,
RE:��FYI Y'All
McIvan Wrote:Feel free to make the fatal error of asking me about the magnificent game of rugby any time :)

If I do, will you give me one of them moderator 'super-clickies'?

Anyway, all of this is distracting from the original purpose of this thread, which was to point out Nort was leaving for 'Ireland' for 2 weeks.

Which leads us to something more sinister...I've discovered why the Allies are winning Domination:

I'm about to finish laying a whupping on Nort (a sort of gamey whupping, but a whupping nonetheless), and he disappears to Ireland (which I suspect is not even a real country, sort of like Canada).

Fredrocker's feeble undermanned attack on me is about to fail, and his cat falls mysteriously ill.

I was getting all set to trash ATCS, and he just disappeared...

Anyone else see a pattern here? ;)
05-18-2007, 10:09 PM,
Not to fear my dear conspirator, I assure you I won't be fleeing the country, poisoning my animals or even talking about some sort of odd far side of the world sport to drain your capacity to conduct warfare.
I'll be right in front of your boys waving blue clickies in a taunting manner.
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard