• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Question about FG85,Ngp85 total war.
05-15-2007, 10:49 AM,
Question about FG85,Ngp85 total war.

Why are there no Soviet front assets extra rocket and heavy artillery batteries Anti Aircraft and Anti-Tank units because from all the reading that i have seen 3 Soviet Armies make a front so therefore there should be 2 Front for Germany total war.All this game has is just Army assets

Next Question Allies get reinforcements almost till the end of the game.What about all the Soviet divisions sitting in the Minsk and Kiev Military districts are we to believe they would just be sitting there with there thumbs up their butts and not heading for Germany just as the same as American divisions that would be coming across the Atlantic.because it would be quicker to move from Russia than crossing the Ocean
Quote this message in a reply
05-15-2007, 11:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-15-2007, 11:45 AM by Aaron.)
RE: Question about FG85,Ngp85 total war.
Thanks Landser, there is 4 soviet divisions showing up from the baltic MRD, i believe between the 13th and 17th and as for the corps assets your probably right but there comes a time where things must stop, i could put 1000 more units in the game but whos going to sit down and play it, trying to keep it manageable and accurate but most importantly playable,thats the main reason for not having terr or reserve divisions, there be units everywhere, if theres issues with play balance ill toss in a couple divisions from the Kiev MRD or on the other side some us marines, but keep in mind it is a world war and units r elsewhere plus u still have southern germany which isnt part of the game (yet), i believe just in front line units ur looking at another 20 divisions in the south and i kept some units out of the game b/c thats where they were or suppose to reinforce. If during testing play balance is lopsided ull see some more of those t-55 and t-62 divisions out of the motherland. Thats my thoughts on adding more units i hope u understand, thats most likly why HPS didnt include 1000 more units in the original.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
05-15-2007, 11:45 AM,
RE: Question about��FG85,Ngp85 total war.
Send this user an email
05-15-2007, 12:41 PM,
RE: Question about FG85,Ngp85 total war.
Not complaining the two games FG85 and Ngp85 are are my favorites of the modern Campaigns just wanted to ask the questions to see why no extra Soviet forces
05-15-2007, 02:19 PM,
RE:��Question about��FG85,Ngp85 total war.
Send this user an email
05-15-2007, 08:54 PM,
RE: Question about��FG85,Ngp85 total war.
gents

i'll second glenn here, i think the 'vanilla' versions are more suited to

competitive play and should stay as they are. but that doesn't mean

i don't enjoy the dedicated work of e.g. aaron or volcano, making

those great games even better. and if you really think that the

pact armies should get those Frog missiles or a third wave of

divisions - start the scenario editor, give it a go and share another

scenario with the community. for doing all the research and planning for

a scenario of your own is probably the most enjoyable part of this

particular hobby.

cheers
jan