• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Next title in the PzC series?
05-12-2007, 11:45 PM,
RE: Next title in the PzC series?
and here about the first half of the campaign

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_N...ead_(1944)
Quote this message in a reply
05-13-2007, 12:54 AM,
05-13-2007, 02:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-13-2007, 02:48 AM by Kuriltai.)
I am going to guess there is a Leningrad game in the works,but it will probably cover the German advance and the Russian counter-attacks closer to the city.
As for the West Front,still thinking Tunisia.
Probably wont see anything until Tiller-Con.
With 17 titles in my collection plus Modern Battles,ACW,NAP and SqB etc,my dance card is full anyway. Big Grin

Kuriltai
05-14-2007, 08:55 PM,
RE:��Next title in the PzC series?
Aditia Wrote:I think when I made the suggestion a few years ago, I mentioned the Battle of Narva.

read about it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_N...%281944%29

In fact you are quite right this would be excellent the map could be used ffor many scn both attack and defence , the Germans also mounted a counter attack in Oct 44 I think . Neither side holds the true advantage

i have been to the actual area these balttles took place

Michael
05-15-2007, 10:14 PM,
05-16-2007, 03:01 AM,
Kharkov Wrote:Three interesting battles in this campaign : Perikop peninsular, Kerch peninsular and of course Sevastopol.

This looks like it would good PZ campaign game. And yes both sides used tanks ( as well as plenty of artillery, and amphibious landings by both sides )

I agree. Good map too, about the size of Sicily.
05-16-2007, 08:40 AM,
Kharkov Wrote:This looks like it would good PZ campaign game. And yes both sides used tanks ( as well as plenty of artillery, and amphibious landings by both sides )

Can you refresh my memory on this. I seem to remember 11th army might have had a pz division early in the casmpaign, possibly for the initial assault on the Kerch but after that it I wasn't aware of the 11 th army having panzer divisions for the majority of the campaign.
05-16-2007, 01:40 PM,
Yes 11th Army had the 22 Pz Div for the Kerch peninsular battle.

It was a newly formed division and Manstein admits he deployed it into battle too early. It got badly beaten up.