• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Artillery plotting??
05-06-2007, 11:02 AM,
RE: Artillery plotting??
This is really good stuff Raz..... I always thought wind had something to do with it... and I still say if the Spotter cant see the spotting round then the barrage falls (check the wind) in the direction of the wind .... sometimes I have compensated for the wind by acutally firing at one spot that I cant see... knowing that the wind will blow the rounds 250m to the west (direction of the wind)...

Great stuff... I love these forums... learn something new everyday....

That is all...
***** Fredrocker's Combat Mission Site *****"Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care." - Theodore Roosevelt
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2007, 11:56 AM,
Yup....good stuff. I'll have to do some tests myself.

The only time I ever have trouble with my artillery impacts is when the Spotting round goes astray. I think it even says that in the manual.

OH NO!!! We might even have to actually go back and read the manual!!!

LOL!!!

Sorry about the confusion in the raz_atoth...I wasn't aware that your first language isn't English.

I'm in the middle of ladder duel at the moment but when I get finished I'll run some tests too and see what I come up with.

Again, I think that the orginal impact zone means nothing until that spotting round comes in unless the FO is disrupted. We will see. This is an excellent topic for those that have played for so long and are still finding out new things about the game.

Good Hunting.

MR
05-06-2007, 06:53 PM,
Quote:AND you can NEVER adjust a random artillery mission!!! You must completely replot it from the beginning or it continues to fire right where it landed the first time.

Well this is why it wouldnt readjust when I used the green line targetting.

Will go back and load my old turn files and have a little look to see what I can see... unfortunatley Im in the middle of a game and dont want Cargol see any of my troop dispositions.

Bootie
05-06-2007, 11:17 PM,
05-06-2007, 11:20 PM,
OK, this: http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultim...7;t=002018 , should be that excellent thread
05-07-2007, 12:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-07-2007, 12:49 AM by Soldier.)
05-07-2007, 02:15 AM,
Sorry Bootie but you must have goofed somewhere in your orders or else it's a bug, I've just ran some tests that prove things just can't happen the way you say they did, but if you're too shy to let me see your game files I can't get to the bottom of it once and for all..;)
There may be a clue here -
https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=39883

(PS- a couple of other things my tests showed were that wind has no effect on scatter, and it also doesn't matter if the spotter can't see the spotting round impact. In both cases the barrage arrives smack on the designated impact point)
05-07-2007, 07:22 AM,
RE:��Artillery plotting??
PoorOldSpike Wrote:Sorry Bootie but you must have goofed somewhere in your orders or else it's a bug, I've just ran some tests that prove things just can't happen the way you say they did, but if you're too shy to let me see your game files I can't get to the bottom of it once and for all..;)

I couldnt possibly give you my password... I use it for all my games and you would only sell it to the highest bidder in an effort to thwart my attempts at world domination. Never know though... if we went halfers we could maybe bag fifty pence each... LOL
05-07-2007, 08:31 AM,
In that case you botched your arty plotting, case closed.. ;)
05-07-2007, 08:46 AM,
Thanks for the offer but Ive listened to the evidence from all parties so far and will go back after the battle and have a look myself. ;)