• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Engineers, Bridges and Suicde....illogical
05-02-2007, 01:50 PM,
RE: ��Engineers, Bridges and Suicde....illogical
Glenn Saunders Wrote:...
I could see a possible menu item under Engineers called something different than Bridge Operation, maybe called "Emergency Bridge Op". Now if this were allowed, the game still couldn't track that this engineer has lost its bridge so there is nothing to prevent the same unit from building another bridge somewhere else later in the scn if the scn is long enough.

This function might have to be allowed even if the Eng is disrupted - but I don't think it couldn't be done if the unit is Broken. And there would have to be some penalty for this action so that a player only used it as a last resort. But what is fair? Half its strength and BF on that? Would people use it or am I proposing an idea to have John write code with consequences so high that it won't be used (read between the lines - am I wasting Tillers time here *if* I can even sell the idea?)
Does this sound remotely interesting?

Glenn
Hi Glenn,

If an engineer breaks, the issue is then resolved because the bridge disappears and off the broken unit can then go. My suggestion, making it fairly simple, haivng the significant penalty, etc, would be to have the engineer go to max fatigue, break and thus automatically lose the bridge as would happen if the unit broke from fire. It won't be building a bridge again too soon, as you suggest being a good result, which makes sense to me.

This was actually suggested by someone a couple of years ago when this was brought up before - I seem to recall this is maybe the third time it has come up here.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2007, 01:54 PM,
RE:��Engineers, Bridges and Suicde....illogical
Send this user an email
05-02-2007, 01:56 PM,
RE:����Engineers, Bridges and Suicde....illogical
Send this user an email
05-02-2007, 02:01 PM,
RE: Engineers, Bridges and Suicde....illogical
Sounds fine to me.

The broken status could be rationalized as the bridging capability of the unit being broken and thus, the time it takes for the unit to be be unbroken / recover fatigue would be the time taken that the engineer unit would regain bridging equipment.
Send this user an email
05-02-2007, 04:12 PM,
I vote for Ricky's solution!

Regards,
CptCav
Edmund Burke (1729-1797): "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Ronald Reagan: “Détente: isn’t that what a farmer has with his turkey until Thanksgiving Day?â€
05-02-2007, 09:23 PM,
CptCav Wrote:I vote for Ricky's solution!

Regards,
CptCav

This sounds like a sensible solution
05-03-2007, 04:36 AM,
... i forget, can a unit that's Broken with a moral of "no moral" be rejuvenated to operational status?

seems like I read this somewhere here that they could not, but I could be wrong
... so that would mean you'd have to be sure your engineer's moral doesn't go too low. Just a thought ... and I repeat, I could be wrong.
05-03-2007, 04:53 AM,
If a unit has "no morale", then it can't recover from disruption or broken status. But unless it is F quality, then by reducing fatigue to the green level it should be able to get to at least F quality, bringing with it a chance of recovering.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
05-03-2007, 06:27 AM,
RE:�� Engineers, Bridges and Suicde....illogical
FLG Wrote:This sounds like a sensible solution

Good - great in fact, although I would still like to hear from HirooOnoda and Elxaime before I ask John if this is doable.

Glenn
Send this user an email
05-03-2007, 07:04 AM,
I think I would get the broken unit with a randomly generated fatigue level between 100-300 to make it more realistic.