• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Vista Issue
04-29-2007, 01:27 PM,
Vista Issue
Hi everyone, migrating over from the Campaign Series side (although I've been out of action for a while) and wanted to give this game a try.

I've had the Wargame of the Year edition for a while but never got the chance to install it and try it out.

I'm using windows Vista and when I insert the CD it gives me a message that says the CD can't be accessed possibly because of rights permissions. Which doesn't make sense, seeing that I play and install many other titles on this same machine in Vista.

anyone have any ideas?

thanks!

-Mark W
Quote this message in a reply
04-29-2007, 06:10 PM,
RE: Vista Issue
Mark,

Are you trying to install using the administrator rights ?

I am not sure if there a lot of people playing WOTY, a lot (including me) are playing TOAW3.

Good luck and happy playing !
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
04-29-2007, 10:46 PM,
RE: Vista Issue
I was never able to get the WOTY version, or older versions, to run on XP; it was a copyprotect issue, and sounds like what you're encountering. For a while I ran a dual boot; but then someone came out with a no-CD version of Century of Warfare, that solved the problem, so now I only run WOTY on an older computer, and I only use it to upgrade WOTY scenarios so they can be run in COW or TOAW III.

The comprehensive solution is to move up to TOAW III, which is a lot better in many respects.