• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Unexplained losses?
04-29-2007, 03:33 AM,
Unexplained losses?
Hi everyone,

I am playing the Korsun (no retreat) campaign as the German. I have noticed I keep losing units (mainly motorised as far as I can tell) for no apparent reason. It is February and it's snowing. Is this loss of units down to the weather (and simulating breakdowns etc) and also does it effect the Russian player?

I have browsed the manual but could find no reference to this.

Thanks in anticipation.
Quote this message in a reply
04-29-2007, 04:36 AM,
RE: Unexplained losses?
Are you referring to vehicle type units? If so, when you move them you may incur losses due to breakdowns. Vehicle breakdown losses depend on a PDT value set by the senario designer and whether or not the unit is flagged as being mechanically unreliable (which put a positive multiplier on the PDT specified breakdown value).

To put it simply, the more you move vehicle units the more of a chance of a breakdown loss and the more you move them (deployed) through built up terrain such as forests and cities then the high chance you will have a breakdown (and rightly so).

Hope that helps, but perhaps you are referring to something else?
Send this user an email
04-29-2007, 05:24 AM,
Thanks for the prompt reply Volcano Man (thanks also for the work you do on the Pzc series).

Yes it mainly affects AFV's. I have not noticed it in any other games I have played and thought it may have been Korsun only, but by what you say it seems this feature is quite common.

Is there anyway I can look up this PDT value for Korsun and the effect it has on German and also hopefully Russian forces?
04-29-2007, 05:31 AM,
Steve if you ever play the Brit in Ea42 then you not be able to miss your AFV's slowly dropping away every time you move Cry :hissy:
04-29-2007, 05:45 AM,
Quote:Is there anyway I can look up this PDT value for Korsun and the effect it has on German and also hopefully Russian forces?

Yes, next time you are playing your turn press F2 (which brings up the parameter dialog) and look in the "Miscellaneous" section (at the top) for Allied / Axis breakdown. The high the number the greater the chance of a breakdown.
Send this user an email
04-29-2007, 06:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-29-2007, 06:18 AM by Jazman.)
RE:��Unexplained losses?
04-29-2007, 07:16 AM,
Thanks VC and Foul.

Good idea Jazman....I hope that feature could be included at some stage along with a more informative combat loss chart. I would like to see unit losses in more detail such as Hvy, Med & Lght tanks etc instead of grouping all vehicles together.
04-29-2007, 09:59 PM,
Steve

Sorry I thought you meant man units when you asked me not vehicles. Hence I was not sure. Same thing in Moscow esp in frozen.

I agree that vehicle losses for games would be better broken down into groups eg Flak vehicles AT portees stuff like that and then tanks. Also supply vehicles should be in another group.

Mike
04-30-2007, 04:51 AM,
Guys:

The effect being discussed here should only be seen in units measured in VEHICLES and not MAN units. The PDT controls the extent or the percentage effect for each SIDE. Also not that the OOB can FLAG some vehicles as HIGHER BREAKDOWN. These units will be affected at twice the PDT value and explains the Crusaders in Tobruk that was mentioned here as well.

Glenn
Send this user an email
05-12-2007, 02:27 AM,
when u play Combat Mission the effect is more vivid! ur AFV's that are not so reliable tend to transform into steel bunkers while navigating rough terrain ;-)