• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Best Uses/Practices for: 2 man LMG units
04-21-2007, 07:48 AM,
RE: Best Uses/Practices for: 2 man LMG units
Not to worry Spike, I'll start up a Tank hunter thread in a few days after this one gets some more hits :) Stay with the LMGs for now :P
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
Quote this message in a reply
04-21-2007, 07:52 AM,
So POS do you ever use LMGs.... I only use them as stocking fillers to make sure I spend my full OOB quota.
04-21-2007, 07:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-21-2007, 07:58 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
RE:��Best Uses/Practices for: 2 man LMG units
Bootie Wrote:So POS do you ever use LMGs.... I only use them as stocking fillers to make sure I spend my full OOB quota.

You could use them to nail the commander though.

Yes, LMG's and Tankhunters can shoot at the commander, the firepower ratings for a German LMG team at 40m/ 100m/ 250m/ 500m are 36/ 34/ 24/ 16,
and for a German TH team - 72/ 18/ 1/ 0

In fact Kinkel habitually throws his egg and hoses down the tank with smg fire at the same time, screaming - "You better not mess with the Kink, know what I mean?"

By comparison, useless LMG teams see the tank and cower behind the nearest bush sucking their thumbs in fear..
04-21-2007, 07:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-04-2008, 09:02 AM by Bootie.)
What of they dont run into armour though.... and in fact run into infantry crossing an open space... or perhaps an enemy tank hunter moving forward on a scouting mission... the LMG has greater firepower at range to pin the buggers. Swings and roundabouts.... good to hear this though... Im looking forward to further threads.
04-21-2007, 08:09 AM,
I'd have to say that not all combat evolves around the tank. Many players here won't get within range of a AT team anymore thanks to your posts :)

In fact most of them are probably hiding their tanks behind big rocks sucking their thumbs in fear of even moving anymore LOL

Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
04-21-2007, 08:37 AM,
I use LMGs to add medium distance firepower to SMG squads and to protect rear units, like guns, spotters, mortars. LMGs are also useful (and cheap) to protect some stugs / assaults guns without MGs for self defence.
04-21-2007, 09:03 AM,
I try to buy AT LEAST one LMG per company and assign them to the Platoon leader with the highest ratings. Simply for the little extra punch that you can add to the firepower of a platoon.

As the Germans, if I have the luxary to have an AT or INF gun, an LMG will fit on the truck/halftrack and will offer at least a little anti-personnel protection.

As the Russians, I love the tank mounted infantry move and will add an LMG for the extra firepower to the platoon, that hopefully will get to an objective quick. Especially since the AT abilities of the Soviet squads is pretty good on most dates.

All LMG are purchased with the "spare" points.

Another thing I do is routinely rethink my "kit". I know they do not survive very well, and have fought several games with no more than one or two LMG units. So they are not a complete 100% rule with me.

As a former Infantryman, I consider this an Infantry game. All other units are secondary IMO and are there to ensure that my infantry get to their objectives and secure it. LMG's fit well into that plan.

Sincerely,

Schwerpunkt
04-21-2007, 09:21 AM,
RE:��Best Uses/Practices for: 2 man LMG units
Schwerpunkt Wrote:Especially since the AT abilities of the Soviet squads is pretty good on most dates.

Dare I ask - what on earth are talking about here

cheers
10-24-2007, 10:07 AM,
BREN
[Image: brenGun-1.jpg]
10-25-2007, 04:53 AM,
Bren
[Image: brengun.jpg]