• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Corps Attachments , KG , Command radius etc - ideas
04-19-2007, 01:38 AM,
Corps Attachments , KG , Command radius etc - ideas
Whilst playing B45 and just done a corps attachment session getting everything I want to 4THSS PZC , I still have a grumbl;ing feeling there should be a restriction on these kind of things . EVEN FOR THE GERMANS . It seems reasonable that a corp. HQ has a finite capacity . I remember the Soviets have limited transfer capacity in some ( all ? ) games .

I think that the main limit ( in Divisions ) should be set by the leader of the HQ , any other thoughts ?

I would also like to see an ability for HQ again based on morale / leadership to have some ability to form KG smaller HQ units . Maybe Regiments and independent units attached to other Dvisions

Maybe the more troops ( in total number ) you add to a corps the smaller the commmand radius gets ??

Anyway the main issue is that HQ units (even German ones ) have a finite capacity which is not there just now .

Quote this message in a reply
04-19-2007, 02:19 AM,
RE: Corps Attachments , KG , Command radius etc - ideas
I agree with the rgt/bde individual unit attachments to other divisions. Creating KG sounds interesting, at the same time the US created Task Forces, same thing, only smaller.

Don't know about the corps thing. I think that depends more on the efficiency of the leader and staff. Some could take on more responsibilty while others could'nt handle the load. Don't know how you would show the difference, don't know if command radius would do it or not.
04-19-2007, 10:35 PM,
If you design a scenario at Corps level, not one with several army groups, you can simulate KGs, taskforces, regimental combat teams etc.
In the oob, place the Corps as AGs, Divs as Armies, and rgts as Corps. Then units can be reassigned between regiments/brigades.
The program doesnt care what you name an Army or corps, it's where it is placed on the command tree that counts for cross attachment.
This would work for small scenarios, not large scenarios. Adding a lower level of cross attachment to the existing game is something they do not wish to do (at least when I asked about it some time ago).
04-20-2007, 01:18 AM,
Actually you can make KG and attach them as Army level units. Provisded the Army has a good command radius it would work

My main point was about corps , cross attachments

M