• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Chances to hit question.
04-17-2007, 09:15 PM,
Chances to hit question.
I'm still unsure about these 'to hit' percentages, i seem to have more chance with a lower hit than high.

In one game i had a pair of Panthers, one of whom had been moving fast the turn before. Both had 4 shots at the same target, one with a 75% hit chance and the other a 15% hit chance. The 75% didn't hit once while the 15% tank missed with his first shot but hit with the remaining three, the last being a fatal hit.

I've seen this in other games as well and was just wondering is it worth taking much notice of these 'to hit' percentages or just use your own judgment after looking at things like the range and movement of the units involved. Many times i'm reluctant to take a shot because the percentage chance to hit is very low, now i'm wondering if i should chance it. Big Grin

cheers
Quote this message in a reply
04-17-2007, 10:24 PM,
RE: Chances to hit question.
There are two, which one are you looking at? AFAIK, the original hit%, the one you get when you use the 't' key to cycle thru the available targets, is based on the raw hit %. A lot of factors are left out, So the actual hit% (which is the number in the yellow bar at the top of the screen) doesn't show up until AFTER you squeeze the trigger ( or stomp the pedel, as the case may be). I think there is a partial list in the manual for MBT that comes with the CD, but I could have that confused with a manual from one of the other flavors of SP. Narwan says I do that, which might be why my win/loss percentage is heading toward the 50% that seperates players from targets.
"I totally don't know what that means, but I WHOUNT it!"
-Jessica Simpson
Quote this message in a reply