• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

complete delirium on budapest 45 '
04-18-2007, 01:58 AM,
RE:��complete delirium on budapest 45 '
greg Wrote:perhaps the NAZI were good as they were but if i remember history ...they lost the war...no ?

Yes they lost the war but changed history . To cause the collapse of the British Empire , the domination of C Europe by Russia . Give the USA time ( not by design i know but by chance ) to develop the A bomb to stall Stalins further greed . Ending the war with Japan was a side benefit , the main display of the fire was to show Stalin .

If the Germans had not gone to Russia sooner or later Russia would have come to us . Fumbling western democracies including the Weimer government ( no spell cjheck here ) would have folded in weeks . Maybe in the UK with just enough resolve and 20 miles of water and a big navy we could hold out . So maybe Germany under Nazi political control did us some good - just its never looked at like that because we write history .

Most German soldiers were not members of the party . They were told what to do for their country . Trouble is it went off in directions that lead to some very unsatisfatory developments - agreed there . Just like then we would all have to do it right or wrong - and we do even today . Look at IRAQ a lot of people think thats a criminal and an unprovoked invasion - and criminal acts including rape and murder / torture have been carried out by soldiers who fight in the name of Western Democracy ( under a lot od provacation for sure ) . Just as many think its liberation and a prememtive strike to rid that delicate part of our oil supply of its threat .

M
Quote this message in a reply
04-18-2007, 02:03 AM,
RE: complete delirium on budapest 45 '
04-18-2007, 02:11 AM,
04-18-2007, 02:35 AM,
04-18-2007, 02:55 AM,
ghostrider Wrote:...and when Glenn says " If you are not satisfied, but you can made your proper campaigns " , yes Glenns , I Buy an OOB, a map, and old motor a game like an old buick. but not a comlete and homegenous game.

Knock yourself out my friend.

What I did here was us a number of the values Volcano has been using\recommending from his source. But if you want to wait for his ver, you are certainly welcome.

I guess this shows you can't please everyone on values for each title.

Good gaming

Glenn
Send this user an email
04-18-2007, 02:58 AM,
Michael

Sure the II nd world war change the world...nothing is more truth

but it's not the topic ...no more war in Iraq.

Poor Soviet UV are the topic ...and the feeling of some players is that is motivate by ideology not reality...

Regards

G
04-18-2007, 03:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-18-2007, 07:29 AM by Volcano Man.)
Send this user an email
04-18-2007, 04:39 AM,
ghostrider Wrote:46/2 of panther ' s HK against the 17/2 of the T34/85 ?

Volcano Man Wrote:T-34/85
HA: 30/1

Panther G
HA: 59/3

I would go with something in the middle...

50/2 for the Panther and 30/2 for the T34 Big Grin
Send this user an email
04-18-2007, 05:22 AM,
I supose that HPS have developed an adecuate playtesting and still have decided to release this tittle with those weapon rating differences... so probably it worked ok, with good combat results and losses

some days ago I read about a grossdeutchland's assault gun crewman (who after the war went to the USA, where he was born, and enlist into the US Army) and he account that the killing ratio of his KG was 5 russian tanks for every of their tanks lost. A 5 to 1. He was wounded 3 or 4 times... the last time from a shot from a russian JS-III
http://www.feldgrau.com/interview6.html

Probably most of you know a lot of similar histories, combat reports, etc
04-18-2007, 05:38 AM,
ghostrider Wrote:always and always, HPS conceptor, made discrimination against russian army. and when Glenn says " If you are not satisfied, but you can made your proper campaigns " , yes Glenns , I Buy an OOB, a map, and old motor a game like an old buick. but not a comlete and homegenous game.

I highly recommend IL-2, then. I hear it is very biased in favor of the Russians. ;-)