• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CMAK - Mundial - round 1
04-23-2007, 06:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-23-2007, 06:50 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
RE:��CMAK - Mundial - round 1
Quote this message in a reply
04-23-2007, 07:07 AM,
RE: CMAK - Mundial - round 1
OK as you wish :)
So, who wants to play :) ?
Send this user an email
04-23-2007, 07:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-23-2007, 07:05 PM by Stirlitz.)
Poor Old Spike,

See, he missed out an '0' in the first file, he should have said '00'
So if anybody's messed up it's him not me.. :)

Don't try to be flippant because, although Gully is only half-right, it does not change the fact that this mess appears to be entirely your fault. As regards the most recent files you sent to Gully,

r1-Poor Old Spike-Gully-003 is OK, however...
r1-Gully-Poor Old Spike-003 i.e. the one where Gully should be the Axis player, indeed cannot be opened using Gully's password.

How is that possible? If you haven't guessed already, your password does the trick as this file is actually r1-Poor Old Spike-Gully-002.txt (the one you received from Gully) renamed as r1-Gully-Poor Old Spike-003.txt (and returned "as is" to sender) Congratulations! The legendary Poor Old Spike who used to brag about being a ladder leader somewhere and mused so often about using common sense while playing Combat Mission somehow is not capable of handling a mirror fight and sending two pbems with different names simultaneously. Now I uderstand why you wanted to play those battles one at a time.

Please forgive my being caustic (since you are known for your caustic personality I hope you'll understand) but your posts in this thread make me wonder whether you're the same Poor Old Spike who is the author of the CM Tactical Discussion thread. Are you a veteran gamer in his 50s or an emotionally unstable teenager? Or perhaps you suffer from a split personality?
Several other players had problems with the setup because for instance they set the date to "December 1941" instead of "May 1941" or accidentally left the "Purchase Units" parameter set to "Automatically" but unlike you they did not keep on whining about how complex this tournament is. Instead, they got a grip on the setup and now keep soldiering on :)

I don't want to have to do it all over again, I'm too tired..
I can't waste any more time on this,

And that's nice. What about Gully's time you have wasted over the past few days? Anyway, case closed.

Regards
Stirlitz
04-23-2007, 07:07 PM,
Gentlemen,
If anyone is interested in joining this "complicated and crazy" Tournament, we now have a vacancy. Please contact me directly at [email protected] on a first come first served basis ;)

Regards
Stirlitz
04-23-2007, 09:07 PM,
Hey Kids !!!!
Stop that at once !!!
Case closed

Zaraza will replace POS.

Send this user an email
04-24-2007, 01:01 AM,
I have had no reply from ketonur after we exchanged first turns... FYI.

Cheers!

Leto
04-24-2007, 01:09 AM,
Thanks for the info - I take care of it.
Send this user an email
04-24-2007, 01:25 AM,
RL problems, but you should get files today evening - if not, send me PM tomorrow, please
cheers
mgk
Send this user an email
04-24-2007, 02:03 AM,
I'm quite happy to put this all down to a mutual misunderstanding because of language difficulties and give Gully another chance, but it looks like he doesn't want to play me, perhaps he was hoping to play against a noob.. ;)
Here's my suggestion - I WILL PLAY GULLY if he starts all over again and sends me new files.. :)

[Image: CM-POSWPCK.jpg]

04-24-2007, 06:42 PM,
Sorry POS - I thought that you resigned so Zaraza took your place and he will have opportunity to win that game :)
cheers
mgk
Send this user an email