• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

WinSPMBT: Rematch at Pydna
04-14-2007, 07:32 PM,
WinSPMBT: Rematch at Pydna
Late June 1968...

The devastaion of WWIII has turned alliances in Europe upside down. In the Med the Greeks meddle in the affairs of their northern neighbours and embark upon an invasion of the southern parts of what was once Yugoslavia..., the quarrelsome Greeks worry the Italians, a rising power in the region - who in turn send forces to bring the Greek lands under its domination...

A series of inconclusive skirmishes are fought, but now a major buildup of forces near Archea Pidna, Greece herald the hour of the decisive battle... :whis: :cool:

Greece vs Italy
6/1968
Meeting Engagement
15 000 Battle Points
Map 200x160 (Edited)
Air Sorties: 5

Any takers...? ;)
Quote this message in a reply
04-14-2007, 11:59 PM,
RE: WinSPMBT: Rematch at Pydna
Well, if you insist... ;)

Narwan
04-15-2007, 07:18 AM,
Excellent, narwan...! :cool:

Which side do you want...? Slots open...?
04-15-2007, 01:32 PM,
No real preference for sides. I always like the Italians but that's just because they're my favourite, and most played, side for WW2 games so they have a sort of irrational appeal to me. I'll leave the picking of the sides up to you.

I've got all slots available, including the CD slots. Send me the setup with purchase/deployment guidelines/restrictions and I'll get to it! You wouldn't happen to have a link to Obat's of those nations for that period would you (I like to put together 'realistic' forces...)?

Narwan
04-15-2007, 04:49 PM,

If you have Slot 2 available, Ulf......

I'll take the side that Narwan isn't, if that's OK.

John
04-15-2007, 07:25 PM,
RE:��WinSPMBT: Rematch at Pydna
Narwan Wrote:You wouldn't happen to have a link to Obat's of those nations for that period would you (I like to put together 'realistic' forces...)?

No, I don't think so...

ehrm.., I've been doing a couple of setups very losely based on historic battles - this one on the battle of Pydna where the Roman legions butcherd the Greek/Macedon Phalanx.

A quick way to choose sides, location, and date (June 168AD became June 1968) for a game, though it's not so much about being realistic - I mean fat chance Italy would invade Greece in 1968... ;)

I could easily do something more "belivable" involving the Italians if you would prefer that...
04-15-2007, 08:38 PM,
RE:��WinSPMBT: Rematch at Pydna
04-16-2007, 12:08 AM,
RE: ��WinSPMBT: Rematch at Pydna
wulfir Wrote:I could easily do something more "belivable" involving the Italians if you would prefer that...

Oh no that's no problem, suspension of disbelief is a requirement of just about all MBT setups. :cool:
I only asked because I tend to purchase large formations (battallion and up) according to actual Obat's of the nation and year in question. Makes for more fun than the mix and match the game allows (bersaglieri with alpini and conscripts with some marines and some regular mech infantry to top it off, etc). I'll see if I can dig something up.

Narwan
04-16-2007, 01:46 AM,
hehe, ok then - setup sent... cheers

Btw, we talked about constructing some MBT scens a while back - not being the usual meeting engagements - still interested in that?

I got bogged down some in SPWW2 but things are looking up now...

...also, there will be a few half-assed maps over from these "historic battle setups" - I was thinking, maybe they would be usable to build some dedicated PBEM scenarios...

These maps are not painstakingly researched or anything but for a PBEM setup they will do... :whis: