• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

H2H Info?
04-11-2007, 05:05 AM,
c_Question Mark  H2H Info?
Hello All,
Is TOAW a game that is suited to developing H2H scenarios? I have never played it so i have no idea :smoke:

If yes are there any designers out there who would like their scenarios tested? I see you have one scenario by Joukov uploaded but with no test running Cry

Regards, Darran
H2H Commander
Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2007, 05:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-11-2007, 05:54 AM by m5000.)
RE: H2H Info?
as with most games, the computer opponent is limited in its ability to play in an intelligent and reasonable way

in fact, the most complicated scenarios out there are often designed only for PBEM, or even if the compuetr opponent is programmed, there is often the designer's warning that the scenario is best played against a human opponent

so, answering your question - yes, i'd say toaw IS suited to developing H2H scenarios
04-11-2007, 06:52 AM,
OK, so is there anybody out there with scenarios they would like testing?
04-11-2007, 06:58 AM,
Yes, can you get a test going on France 40 Mod B? See the posts on this message board, that subject; to get the scenario, go "tournaments", then "Operationar Art of War, Mods & Patches". Let me know if any problems, or when I'm at home computer, I can email you the scenario.

And many thanks!!!
04-11-2007, 07:35 AM,
Currahee,
The way the H2H system has been programmed means i cannot upload scenarios for designers this is because only the person who uploads a scenario can go back into it to update and modify it once a round of testing is completed.

So we need to bring the designers on board, if a designer is not avaliable or does not have the time to make changes then the H2H testing system will not work and the scenario should not be uploaded.

Do you have anybody who fits the bill?

I should also say that ladder points are awarded for tests completed and scenarios that make it onto the Approved list, also as testers are often hard to come by the designer can help test his own games! :)
Let me know if you need any more info.....:smoke:
Regards,
Darran.
04-11-2007, 07:38 AM,
Sorry i should have read this first, Ed is the scenario yours?
04-11-2007, 10:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-11-2007, 10:34 AM by Currahee.)
04-11-2007, 04:21 PM,
Ed,
Yes this does qualify, as long as i have you available to make changes then any testing feedback will not be wasted.

So if you would like to upload the scenario go to H2H Productions (G4-Supply) and on the first page under "Table of contents" you will see "add a scenario" click that and put in the info required, the scenario date is the historical one, be careful if your mouse has a wheel as by useing it you can change data you have already put in (catch's everybody out :)) also the files should be in a zip file as that is less likely to corrupt.

Any problems let me know, now we need some testers...........;)
Regards,
Darran.
04-11-2007, 08:52 PM,
Thanks, Darran, will do....and this is a great idea!
04-12-2007, 03:46 AM,
No problem, that's what the Blitz pay's me for Eek

Hope you can find some testers :)