• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Minsk Small scn error and comment for VM alt version
04-11-2007, 05:00 AM,
Minsk Small scn error and comment for VM alt version
In Minsk No fixed units scn0623-01c there is at least one fixed unit = Tiger Co. 1/ PZ501 hex 284/116 and no release date I can see .

For the information of VM . In your alt version the unit is missing altogether ???

Also have you been adjusting the axis air very much ??
Is there a list of your changes ?

I am currently playing your alt PBEM no fixed units scn

Why is the art so VERY ineffective against armour now and the higher soft values and low defence values of art units are making counter battery quite effective ( deadly ) .
Like most of the changes though !

regards
michael
Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2007, 05:35 AM,
RE: Minsk Small scn error and comment for VM alt version
Well, I didn't remove any units and if you look at the stock scenario 0623_01c there is also no such unit that you mention there either.

If you look in the .zip file that contained the _Alt scenarios (in the M44 art pack) you will find a changes document that describes every change made and a large section on the philosophy or playtesting from most of them too (like air and artillery).
Send this user an email
04-11-2007, 05:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-11-2007, 05:45 AM by Volcano Man.)
Send this user an email
04-11-2007, 05:52 AM,
I just checked again

Minsk 0623_01C No fixed units

Hex 284 116 Orsha ......its there

Its fixed in that but in your alt its missing .....strange
M
04-11-2007, 06:00 AM,
4TH Army Troops
M
04-11-2007, 06:07 AM,
Oh sadness
I just found the rest of the unit as well hex 246 119 FIXED ( should be unfixed ) ... In yours its missing.
I have just got to day 2 boy I could use that unit

Michael
04-11-2007, 06:12 AM,
Well, I see the problem. The unit must have been added in the 1.01 update of M44. This explains why it is not in my OOB and why there is no release for the unit in the stock scenario, because it was probably overlooked. I will add it to the next Alt update.
Send this user an email
04-11-2007, 06:32 AM,
Thanks for pointing this out... I had no idea the unit was even added to the OOB in the update. Keep the info coming if anyone else sees something missing from an _Alt scenario.

BTW, you asked whether the air had been changed much. Do you mean because of my recent mention where I calculated German aircraft (mainly Stuka) wrong? If that is the case then yes, the Stuka is a little more powerful in the next M44_Alt update, which BTW should be soon.
Send this user an email
04-11-2007, 07:40 AM,
OK at least I was not going mad , infact I can see no mention of an oob or scn amendment in the patch ??

Is there JU87 and HE111 in the alt version ? I think i will get the planes next turn ( I very much agree all level bombers esp HE111 nad maybe PE2 should be carpet bombers ) .

Thanks for the mention about your word doc .I agree withmost of your thoughts and will revert with my comments

Please note ( for wjhoever needs to know ) the Tigers even id f added are still FIXED for this scn 1.1 or whatever . Its an important unit !

m
04-11-2007, 10:47 AM,
Ok, Glenn knows about it and I have unfixed those units in that particular Alt scenario.
Send this user an email