• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Budapest 45 - a quick look round
04-11-2007, 01:14 AM,
Budapest 45 - a quick look round
OK a first look round the B45 game . This is a quick look sorry if i missed anything important .

The map is VERY interesting and varied , lots of interesting features for sure . The most amazing thing is the full map , begging for some what ifs , massive maybe the biggest so far . Yes I think there is scope for a massive campaign here .Its a bit of a shame some of the bigger scn could not use more of the map - small detail

This game seems as though it could have the highest number of nationalities so far including the defectors to the Russian side .

Now as Axis you get to play with a good mix of units including some powerful levels of armour PZ1V , V AND V1 as well as King Tiger .Again an interesting mix of units. The Russians seem pretty interesting as well with a good mix of late war armour . You also get I think Battalion breakdown . I see no problem with that as its such late war ( better command and contriol ) but I think the Germans should have been given regimental HQ in compensation - small point

I must say the defence of Budapest looks quite solid at the start of the campaign .

The oob looks interesting the quality of the units looks good and anbout right to me though I would like to have seen the SS units in Budapest rated higher BECAUSE these are desperate units for whom there is no surrender/ captivity is possible . Shame these units are inside the pocket . The Panzer battalions 503 and 509 are just great but why is one morale B ? Anyway the Ruskies will have fun trying to stop those Royal Tigers hard 62/2 and defence 30 !

All in all looks a big and savage game , a must for Eastern front fans - buy

Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2007, 02:26 AM,
RE: Budapest 45 - a quick look round
Send this user an email
04-11-2007, 12:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-11-2007, 12:14 PM by Jazman.)
04-11-2007, 12:20 PM,
RE:��Budapest 45 - a quick look round
Send this user an email
04-11-2007, 11:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-12-2007, 01:34 AM by Engelbrekt.)
Just got the game. Looks very good, this will probably be a favorite. But it seems some Volcano Man Alt McNamara values have made it to the game? Hungarian StuGs have the VM 33/2 Hard Attack value and so does the German PzJg IV. Both have VM Alt style lower assault values. But the German StuGs are still at 20/1 HA and 12 assault?

Just some minor details, great game.
04-12-2007, 01:35 AM,
and some King Tigers are 76/3 while others are 64/2