• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Commanders
04-07-2007, 03:12 PM,
Commanders
Yes
No doubt this idea has been proposed a thousand times.
Yet now we have gigs of ram and multicore chips to
handle processing time on variables.

Could we not have one small thing that enhance PzC no end.
Commanders.

Say a 4 to 8 man unit with very high move specs.
That modifies combat rolls to subordinate units [and others less so]
Within 1 to 2 hex area. [but only 'good' need apply..lol]
This is historically founded, as we all know.

A simple example is whitman at villers-bocage
or better yet
Rose..[the great fogotten one, 3rd arm]

We all want them..what say you?

Musashi

Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2007, 03:51 PM,
RE: Commanders
04-09-2007, 09:23 PM,
04-10-2007, 07:37 AM,
I often thought Rommel in T41 should be able to lead from the front.Perhaps imparting a movement bonus to units he was stacked with.

Kuriltai
04-10-2007, 12:53 PM,
RE:��Commanders
Kuriltai Wrote:I often thought Rommel in T41 should be able to lead from the front.Perhaps imparting a movement bonus to units he was stacked with.

I ask for this when we started testing T41 as this was something the ok Operation Crusader game had. But John didn't want to take the Series in this directions. There is already a movement bonus for higher Quality Troops and reading the accounts, ROMMEL was everywhere.

I don't recall all of thhe reasoning why the idea didn't fly but it did there and so I don't think we would add something like this now. If we did it would be for a new title and given what I have on the TODO list, this rule doesn't seem to fit - let alone how we could (we couldn't obviously) go back over games like Budapest, Sicily, Korsun and Kharkov, trying to figure out WHO we should add that would rate as ROMMEL type leaders on each side.

Glenn
Send this user an email
04-10-2007, 01:05 PM,
Rommel and T41 is the only instance that comes to mind where a Leader influenced things at a Operational Level(enough to rate a change of some sort in the Game).Wittman had his own unit with slightly better ratings in N44 which I thought worked ok. IMHO.

Kuriltai
04-10-2007, 04:31 PM,
Kuriltai Wrote:Wittman had his own unit with slightly better ratings in N44 which I thought worked ok. IMHO.

Kuriltai

Does he also show up in Kursk then? (I don't have either game.)
04-11-2007, 06:36 AM,
Not in Kursk.Different design teams for the different titles.N44,T41 and Korsun have more of a tactical level OOB than the other titles.

Kuriltai