• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Ampulomet
04-05-2007, 10:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-27-2009, 08:17 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
Ampulomet
The Russian Ampulomet is a very useful weapon, hard to spot, rapid firing and can even be fired from inside buildings.
It can hurt infantry and light armour.

[Image: Amp.jpg]

[Image: ampullp9.gif]

From Bootie- Ampulomet projectile
[Image: ampulom.jpg]

From Russian guy Pauloondra- Right spelling is "ampulomyot" from words "ampula" - hermetically sealed glass container, as in medicine, and "metanie" - throwing. Ampullathrower
Also there're words "pulemyot" - bulletthrower (MG), "oghnemyot" - flamethrower and "granatomyot" - grenadethrower.
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2007, 10:25 AM,
RE: Ampulomet
these are some nasty little bastages.. I've been the victim of them a few times and only after they ran out of ammo was I able to find them.(could get INF close enough)
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
04-05-2007, 06:41 PM,
they can be used to set flame on woods, scattered trees etc making these areas impassable and of course one can use them against light buildings
Send this user an email
04-05-2007, 11:13 PM,
Yes and as Randy says, they can be little bastages, here are some live-fire tests I ran by putting 5 ampulomets in the trees and seeing how they did against different AFV's. Predictably they made mincemeat of light armour and can even hurt medium tanks in the side armour.
Heck they even knocked out a Tiger frontally, but its a very, very rare occurrence.
But its certainly worthwhile having a go at heavy and medium tanks because you might blow a track off or damage the gun even if you don't kill it..

[Image: ampTigA.jpg]

[Image: ampIVA.jpg]

[Image: ampPzII1.jpg]

[Image: amp251A.jpg]
04-05-2007, 11:19 PM,
Thanks for that POS
04-06-2007, 01:18 AM,
There is a scenario floating around that I played against Zaraza... its called A Burning Insanity by The Graeme IIRC.... Talk about Ampulomet destruction.... nasty little quick h2h battle...

That is all...
***** Fredrocker's Combat Mission Site *****"Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care." - Theodore Roosevelt
Send this user an email
04-07-2007, 07:29 AM,
Ampulomets and Molotov cocktails are really too effective in this game. If the game were realistic, they would disappear if the unit moved from its initial position. A unit carrying frangible containers of self-igniting fluid will probably suffer dire consequences when the ammo bearers seek cover suddenly. It's a game-balance thing.

There's a good reason the Bates 8-barrel Bottle Thrower was never issued to the British regulars.

04-07-2007, 08:31 AM,
AFAIK cocktails are not that dangerous unless lit.. or around an open flame?

I presume the ampul Ammo needs lit before use as well?

can anyone verify this?
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
04-08-2007, 02:10 AM,