• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Minsk - No Panthers
04-06-2007, 09:40 PM,
RE: Minsk - No Panthers
OK I will look orthe Panthers

Just a note on unit volume K44 is a game were you have about the right level because this is an op level game is it not ? I am not being critical i am just stating how i feel an op level game should be .

I realise with the big games its a lot of units but i feel when PZC was first developed we were looking at scn with a couple of corps per side BUT most interesting ops of WW2 are bigger than that .

Regards
Michael
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2007, 02:25 AM,
I agree with Landser about the reason for the breakout of units and hardware in Korsun. My wording that it's "crazy with the penny-packet units" was a bit overblown, because you need those units... The ranges of those units are also very different from what you see everywhere else. The presence of the heavy weapons companies as separate units is an interesting spice to add to the recipe. Note that the Russians are pretty much the same as they are elsewhere, while it's the Germans who have all those small units.

04-07-2007, 05:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-07-2007, 05:02 AM by Sgt Fury.)
04-07-2007, 05:17 AM,

Hi Fury I Agree with you nothing gets to me more than having a couple of Soviet regiments isolated and destroyed by a couple of halftarcks that race around and surround them no way can 3 or 4 halftracks cover the Kilometer that they are in much less the surrounding one I think they should come up with some sort of inflitration rule or let units move between gaps but take most of there movement points
04-07-2007, 10:08 AM,
In the K44 CG they are bloody annoying if the German groups his panzer divisions and blows a hole in some isolated spot in the Russian front line. In one turn two Russian divisions can be surrounded by what amounts to no more than a single German recon battalion as mentioned before. Good positioning to take full advantage of the ZOC rules can make it nearly impossible for the Russians to break out.

The counter is to have the few precious Russian mobile forces held back to be able to reach all the potential German counter attack spots. The Russian can not afford to waste his mobile forces trying to break through the German line. That will be left up to the infantry. With deep snow and superior German mobility, pocketing the Germans is nearly impossible with a proper German mobile defense. The Russians will catch the occasional German unit that gets high fatigue and disrupted, at a high cost in infantry losses from German two hex fire and fast panzer hit and runs.

K44 CG is a game for the very patient, esp. if your the Russian player. A number of the smaller scenarios are more playable since the Germans can not retreat all the way to Berlin to avoid the losses needed for a Russian CG win.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp