• Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

OK! Who has...
04-01-2007, 10:27 AM,
OK! Who has...
Vista!

Hey Gents,

Any one have Vista and if you do is there any way to get these games to work PROPERLY under this new "wonderful" system? HPS has these instructions that involves putting the xp cd in the vista machine and dropping and dragging some file over to the vista side...didn't quite work. So am I screwed?! I cant play my fav game any more? who usualy makes the older programs compatable...Microsoft or the program publishers? I'm sorry if I sound rude or blunt but I am very frustrated after spending all this money on a vista machine after my xp crapped out. Is HPS going to patch for vista?

Thanks,

Steve.
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2007, 10:38 AM,
RE: OK! Who has...
the publishers are the ones responsible to update older games

You'll be lucky if any of them do

I fought Vista for 2 weeks, Dell sent me a brand new XP cd which I formated off Vista and installed XP instead.

I never got around to trying the SqB games on the system, was having to much problems with other stuff.

your games should run fine tho just no HELP files anymore

here's a dedicated site

http://www.vistareadygames.com/index.php
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
04-01-2007, 02:40 PM,
hey Red Devil,

Thanks for the link and the reply. I'll check it out and cross my fingers. The game loads and actually I can start a scenario...then scroll and the map turns white. I'm very frustrated. If any publisher bothers to patch their existing games to run on this I know it would be HPS but am getting worried they arent going to bother as I left them as my last to upload to the computer and try to run. I printed out their work around for vista and appreciate the effort , but...I assure you that most people from my works IT department would have a hard time giving this a go. My knee jerk reaction to my fellow club members is to avoid vista at all costs, but in the same token vista seems to be the future of windows for a long while. This is my most unhappy computer purchase experiance and that's that. I sure hope HPS steps up with a patch.

Steve.
04-01-2007, 05:45 PM,
Steve and all,

Patches will be forthcoming for the SB series in the not to distant future...probably 60 to 90 days if all goes well.

All the other HPS games have either already been patched to run under Vista or have the ability to do so already.
04-02-2007, 02:58 AM,
Thats why I never switch into a newly released operating system. I wait till many problems were sorted out. At least one year in my case.
04-02-2007, 09:11 AM,
That is great news on the patch. Thanks for the quick reply with the good news. cheers

To my opponents, DaVillian, Nikb and Paulinski, Please report major victories to yourselfs as I will be unable to play for a few months. Cry I'll shoot a new scenario your way when HPS issues the patch for VISTA.

Steve.