• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Vista and HPS
03-31-2007, 06:17 PM,
Vista and HPS
I am having trouble with Vista and HPS games, when ever I move up or down on a map the screen goes white.I can only see the map if I zoom out and then zoom back in .

What can I do?
Quote this message in a reply
03-31-2007, 09:57 PM,
RE: Vista and HPS
Don't try to move/scroll on the map when the AI is doing something.. that's the white out deal

in options, make sure auto scroll and alt scroll options are checked and this should get your map scroll back.

lastly.. what video drivers are you using ? are they vista BETA ones? if so backgrade them until a real patch comes out for your make of card.

Personally, After 2 weeks of fighting Vista and it's incompatible BS, I went back to XP myself.. and I will remain using XP until forced to get rid of it..
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
03-31-2007, 10:23 PM,
I still miss windows 98 :rolleyes:
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
04-01-2007, 12:23 AM,
I agree with you RedDevil, what a ****ing waste of time Vista is
04-01-2007, 12:34 AM,
you may find this funny.. I'm definite certain my PC is running FASTER and smoother with XP then it ever did with Vista and my Vista score was a 5.1 which is a pretty decent rating

some people like it.. a lot of people don't

here's a site I got directed to during my search for fixes
http://badvista.fsf.org/

LOL

cheers
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
04-01-2007, 06:31 AM,
Bidermann (FGM) Wrote:What can I do?

Contact HPS Tech Support, be sure to tell them what game you are running and what version you have updated too.

I think we've done some updates over the last few months to correct some vista issues. So they might already be corrected or it might be something new you have discovered. But if it is then it is more likely to get looked at from a programming POV if you report it to the publisher vs. here on a player forum. If nothing else, it tells HPS about the demand for new updates.

Glenn
Send this user an email