Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2007, 12:23 AM,
RE: New player
I'd recommend getting a game with Grumbler, if he's open even if he is
tottering on a 3 legged stool and stirring grits next to his monitor

Sure taught me ALOT about MBT in a few short games.. :smg:

of course I had inside INTEL on him prior :whis:

cheers
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
04-01-2007, 12:43 AM,
Hello Sean,

Welcome to our clan of pixel warriors..

We also have a mentor program for newbies - talk to Weasel about that.. playing the AI can teach alot of very bad habits vs a human opponent.

People like Grumbler are always figuring out something sneaky to try, where the AI likes to run down roads, and is more than willing to drive vehicle after vehicle thru a trap..

Hope you enjoy your experience, and make some new friends..

-Greybeard
04-01-2007, 05:23 AM,
I'm not so good with pure rookies. What I do best is bring other gaming types over to the dark side (Steel Panthers). I do have an idea I would like to try out. I was thinking that it might be easier on a pure rookie to train them up on scenarios, with the shark (whoopsie, mentor) playing the AI side. The intro game might be a good place to start.
My logic is that since the rookie (hereafter FNG) has prolly played a few scenarios, they will be familiar with them. This will help their confidence and give them a baseline on the differences 'tween the Program and a human as opponents.
Anyway, that's my plan and I'm sticking with it until another one comes along.
I have no slots open now, having finally found someone to pound on my Iraqi armored column as it crawls across mountains of Saudi Arabia. So you might want to see if you can get an old timer to play that training scenario with you. Be kind to them, sine replaying games over is something I find completely boring. Although there prolly are those that like it.
"I totally don't know what that means, but I WHOUNT it!"
-Jessica Simpson
04-01-2007, 05:46 AM,
hi fellas

yep sgt walrus is showing me just how silly the ai can be.

but if your going to play you might as well have a challange nothing wrong with getting spanked just as long as you lern from your mistakes.

i will play anyone but and how ironic is this after finally getting on the board (my comp got gremlins one day) :smg:

im going to be away from my comp for a few days so ii might hold off on starting something april 10th or so

looking foward to more pixil blood spilling

cheers cheers
04-02-2007, 12:30 AM,
Hi there S_B

If your still after a game when you get back give me a shout, don't worry about me being a shark....if i were a shark then it would probably be Jabber Jaws. Big Grin

cheers