• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Hulldown
11-23-2009, 12:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-23-2009, 01:00 AM by Kelen.)
RE: Hulldown
Weasel Wrote:Thanks guys. I have two mentor games underway (Wigam is underway, Von Bismarck is starting) and this should help me learn the bits.

Do you guys use a mentor system like I created for SP? If interested/curious read post 2 here:

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=50259

It keeps newbies from becoming shark bait.

No we don't have that system, (good idea though). You'll find however that most decent players will offer a similar set up though, e.g. agreeing not to post a result, (or only a draw), if they win, but their opponent can post their's if they win.
Quote this message in a reply
11-23-2009, 12:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-23-2009, 12:52 AM by Kelen.)
PoorOldSpike Wrote:
Weasel Wrote:I have also been reading the tactical posts you guys have here, but I must admit there are far too many to read. Are there any MUST reads you can recommend.

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum....php?t=252

I know that that some Blitz members are also members of FGM, but I don't see why we would want, or need to direct people to another club's site, particularly when we have our own tactics and advice forum, AND pretty much everything that link takes you too is posted on the Blitz anyway.

For good general advice for new players see, 'Index of Tactical Tips', https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=43116 by RNL Tiger.
11-23-2009, 12:59 AM,
Kelen Wrote:
PoorOldSpike Wrote:
Weasel Wrote:I have also been reading the tactical posts you guys have here, but I must admit there are far too many to read. Are there any MUST reads you can recommend.

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum....php?t=252

Sorry, I know that that some Blitz members are also members of FGM, but why are we directing people to another club's site, when:

a) we have our own very good tactics and advice forum, and,
b) it appears that everything that link takes you too is posted on the Blitz anyway! (Haven't bothered trawling through all of it but everything I looked at has been posted here).

For good general advice for new players see, 'Index of Tactical Tips', https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=43116 by RNL Tiger.
11-23-2009, 10:42 AM,
Good call kelen!

We do have a welth of knowledge here in posts and in players.
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
11-23-2009, 02:42 PM,
Kelen Wrote:I know that that some Blitz members are also members of FGM, but I don't see why we would want, or need to direct people to another club's site, particularly when we have our own tactics and advice forum, AND pretty much everything that link takes you too is posted on the Blitz anyway.

Amen.
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
11-23-2009, 10:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-23-2009, 11:32 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
Regrettably i don't have time to update and add new material to my Tac posts here at Blitz and other clubs except at FGM.
So if I see people at Blitz asking tac questions, it seems logical to me to post a link to the answer at FGM (or anywhere else) to help them out; i've been a Blitz member for almost 3 years and have got friends here, so i don't want to abandon them.
But if you don't want me to post links to FGM or anywhere else, I won't.

PS- as a goodwill gesture I'm posting my brand-new "The Sherman Family" thread in your Tac Discussion area in case you missed it at FGM..:)
11-24-2009, 01:37 AM,
Thanks POS - and it seems to me it would only take a moment (Ctrl-C, Ctrl-Z) to post your stuff both places since you are after all a member both places. I for one like many of your posts and would appreciate that.
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
11-24-2009, 02:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-24-2009, 03:17 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
Der Kuenstler Wrote:..it seems to me it would only take a moment (Ctrl-C, Ctrl-Z) to post your stuff both places..

Although that's theoretically possible mate, the fact is that my stunning posts tend to generate so much subsequent excited discussion and debate that I simply wouldn't have the time to answer every point that's raised both here and at FGM, which would leave my adoring Blitz fans distressed and heartbroken..
11-24-2009, 06:47 AM,
Ok, some thoughts: 1. I think the mentor system is a great system, even if I do say so myself. I believe those that teach should be rewarded with more then just a draw result, or no result at all. 2. The posts I have been looking at are more the "tricks of the data system" as opposed to tactics; since as it was already stated, what works for one may not work for another. But POS post on the hull down opened my eyes, and it is this sort of thing I was interested in. 3. In playing against the AI I have had numerous results were the tank (both mine and AI) are not destroyed, but suffer so many hits the crew bails out. Why is that? Why not reverse? Also, can the unit recrew? 4. 88s (flak version) are not the meanies they are in SP. Played as the Germans in a scenario and the Reds clobbered all my 88s from long range (4 of them) while the 88s missed. My 105s killed more tanks (t34s) then the 88s did.

Anyway, so far liking CM.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
11-24-2009, 06:57 AM,
Whether a tank crew bails or not depends a lot on their quality.

You'll often find with regulars or below the crew will be twitchy and bail out even though their tank might still be able to fight. If you get veterans or above then generally they will stay there until the tank is out of action.

Also if enough crew members are killed the rest of the crew will bail out as there arn't enough crew left to operate it.

As for the Flaks, what was the distance and what quality were the Flaks? I feel AT guns are slightly undermodeled in CM personally but you can still certainly learn to use them effectively.