• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Hulldown
04-15-2007, 04:04 AM,
RE: Hulldown
Ratzki Wrote:Does the game take into account a difference in elevation between a gun and it's target, as to the added or reduced slope of armour that the shell would make contact with?

I know that the game takes into account height advantage when the shell hits the armour. I believe I have seen where the slope of the armour in relation to the orientation of the vehicle is also modeled.

Good Hunting.

MR
Quote this message in a reply
04-15-2007, 04:16 AM,
MGK(FGM) Wrote:Back to topic :)
some remarks :)
when I used Panther or early t34 in hull down position they died because penetration of week turret.
when panther is on flat ground its hull armor protect it very well.

IMO the most dangerous tank in hull down is hetzer

I prefer the SU100, it's simply the best hulldown turretless tank I've found outside of the JagD IV late model, or the IV/70(V) model.

Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
04-15-2007, 06:00 AM,
RE: ����Hulldown
04-15-2007, 06:15 AM,
Is everyone done getting their jabs in now?

The entire purpose of these Tactical forums is for EVERYONE to post tips for anyone who plays the game, from new players to veterans.. NOT for taking the topics off on a roundabout forage of sarcastically orientated stabs at the posters.

So please, Let's try to keep that general hormone like stuff on the main forums, or better yet not, here at all :)

Thanks
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
04-15-2007, 06:27 AM,
su 100 and jpz are very good but expensive hetzer is cheap and very effective especially in hull down position
Send this user an email
04-15-2007, 06:46 AM,
Hetzers IMO, are SLOW shooters and very susceptible to 17lber and 85mm shots, if they miss that 1st one.
Good tactic is to have them to waste that 1st shot, then got get them while they ponder the reload sequence.. LOL

The JagDs hold up a little better, and can return fire at a reasonable rate and the SU100 can shrug off the 75 Long with ease, it's only the 88 long and 128mm that give them heartburn :)

Get what you pay for, So when I buy Hetzers I buy lots of Fausts/Shreks to back them up.
04-15-2007, 08:55 AM,
I agree with what you said about the Hetzer, but with regard to the SU100 I've found that the 75/L70 doesn't have any trouble with them...that was what I thought of when you mentioned 75 long, but I guess now that you were thinking of 75/L48....
04-15-2007, 09:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-27-2007, 09:15 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
RE:������Hulldown
Tanker Wrote:Sorry Spike, but you just asked for it LOL.

Hey Tanker mate, no wonder you said you wouldn't stay in new fragment if POS was made a moderator there, you knew you'd be out on your butt within 2 minutes of me taking charge..��;)

[Image: bouncerA.png]
04-15-2007, 10:07 AM,
I still think my hulldown pic of the Tiger is sweet. Big Grin
04-15-2007, 10:25 AM,
Nort Wrote:I still think my hulldown pic of the Tiger is sweet. Big Grin

I think you're right. There are few instances worse for you enemy in WWII than a hull down Tiger!

Good Hunting.

MR