• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Hulldown
04-14-2007, 06:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-14-2007, 06:48 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
RE:������Hulldown
Leto quote - And yet you somehow got in... lol...
-------------------------------------------

Well mate after you and a few others said you didn't want to be in new Fragment if I was there, I walked out and took my truckload of stunning screenshots and stuff with me, you had your chance..
Then Randy saw a star player (me) was free and available and he swooped like lightning and signed me up for the Blitz, that was great decisive leadership and enterprise, and all my screenshots have now found a new home here... :)

Quote this message in a reply
04-14-2007, 08:26 AM,
RE: ������Hulldown
PoorOldSpike Wrote:Leto quote - And yet you somehow got in... lol...
-------------------------------------------

Well mate after you and a few others said you didn't want to be in new Fragment if I was there, I walked out and took my truckload of stunning screenshots and stuff with me, you had your chance..
Then Randy saw a star player (me) was free and available and he swooped like lightning and signed me up for the Blitz, that was great decisive leadership and enterprise, and all my screenshots have now found a new home here... :)

LMAO!!

Cheers!

Leto
04-14-2007, 08:53 AM,
RE: Hulldown
Seriously though, of all the CM forums I've looked at over the past 5 years, the Blitz is by far the best for the simple reason Randy is a great commander with a zero tolerance policy towards anybody who disrupts the forum, he simply takes them by the scruff of the neck and frogmarches them to the door and slings them out into the street, helped by his boot.. :)
04-14-2007, 06:41 PM,
Back to topic :)
some remarks :)
when I used Panther or early t34 in hull down position they died because penetration of week turret.
when panther is on flat ground its hull armor protect it very well.

IMO the most dangerous tank in hull down is hetzer
Send this user an email
04-14-2007, 11:50 PM,
I ALWAYS go hulldown if I've got the choice, even if the turret is weak.
Sure, a hit on the turret will be bad news, but the fact that the tank is hull down and presenting a smaller target means the firer will miss a lot of the time anyway, and while he's missing, you're having time to fire back.
Also a hulldown tank never takes lower hull hits, nor do the tracks, so the tank is immune to immobilisation.
04-15-2007, 12:57 AM,
but when panther is in normal position there are much more possibilities that AP-round hit hull (immune for most shots) rather then relatively small turret
Send this user an email
04-15-2007, 01:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-15-2007, 01:05 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
But when the Panther is hulldown the small turret is very hard to hit and a lot of shots miss it, so it balances out..
And while the enemy is wasting time missing, the Panther is firing back.. :)
04-15-2007, 01:04 AM,
I'm on the side of the always go hulldown in this debate.

I've seen some very convincing arguements about going hull down.

You will only expose your tank to hits that are against weak armour being the main and most compelling one for me.

But, consider this;

you will get roughly the same number of hits if not a few less considering the smaller size of the target.

you will now only get turret hits that will do damage only in the turret area. There will only be gun damage or penetrations as bad results.

you will not now also be taking body hits against a bigger easier to hit target and chance the possibilities of an immobilizing hit as well.

I opt for hulldown whenever I can get it and I NEVER use the hulldown command. I do it manually.

Good Hunting.

MR
04-15-2007, 01:04 AM,
Does the game take into account a difference in elevation between a gun and it's target, as to the added or reduced slope of armour that the shell would make contact with?
04-15-2007, 01:05 AM,
Based on my experience :) it is better to make hull visible but we can make some tests :)
Send this user an email