• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Hulldown
11-25-2009, 09:25 AM,
RE: Hulldown
My game was a draw, but I didn't know about the bonuses which would explain it. Must read the manuals...again....sigh. And as I said, my 105s were great, saved my ass big time.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
11-25-2009, 09:33 AM,
Quote:And you have to be darned careful when you unload one from the SdKz7 or whatever it looks like a great spot.......pull the vehicle up just so......a little more......unload the gun.....and Censored the gun winds up behind the crest and has no LOS for the whole game.....

I tend to wheel my guns in BACKWARDS for precisely that reason...

TopPic: HT reversing into clump of woods
BottomPic: ATG dismounts, facing the enemy, and more importantly, in cover! (No getting Knocked out just inches from the woodline, trying desperately to wheel the gun around...)
[Image: Unlimber.jpg]
11-25-2009, 09:46 AM,
Oh yeah definitely any gun that the crew can move, you back it in if possible. But with the 88 Flak, if you don't un-hook it in the right spot you're out of luck.
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal

[Image: pzV.jpg]
11-25-2009, 10:08 AM,
Quote:Oh yeah definitely any gun that the crew can move, you back it in if possible. But with the 88 Flak, if you don't un-hook it in the right spot you're out of luck.

I'm currently playing a mirror game against Col. Falkenberg, "Front in Flames". Huge map, Wide open steppes, perfectly terrain for the escalating tank battle that's beginning...

Hopefully my CRACK 88mm Flak gun, perilously perched on a Steppe hilltop, will survive long enough to exert himself over the tremendous distances and awesome LOS...
11-26-2009, 09:58 AM,
Incidentally, Weasel used his 105mm guns in Katukov much better than me, I mistakenly thought they wouldn't be able to hurt T-34's because they only fire HE,so I hid mine in a huddle at the bottom of the valley and they hardly fired.
But I just ran this test below and it proves 105's are quite good against T-34's, I lined up 10 veteran guns and 10 regular T-34 Mod 41's facing each other at 200 yards and let them shoot it out without any orders from me, and ALL the T-34's were destroyed for the loss of only 1 gun, here the Russian machines are panicking and slamming wildly into reverse, chased by 105mm HE shells..

Tactical note- the guns couldn't penetrate the T-34's frontal hull armour, but they penetrated the thin turret front and the turret/hull sides without much trouble.

[Image: 105vT34.jpg]