• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Foxholes
09-23-2008, 03:06 PM,
RE: Foxholes
Foxholes as 'speed bumps'

Combat footage from an actual game; I'm defending as Axis in an Assault, and have lots of 'fallback foxholes', so I place this cluster of 4 on the road to trap any vehicle like a fly in a web and it works like a charm, the Daimler armoured car encounters the foxholes and is slowed to a crawl, giving my flamethrower ample time to squirt and kill it.
It's an Italian FT with a range of 23 metres which is the exact range I've set the arc to, because without an arc FT's sometimes open up with pistols against unbuttoned commanders well beyond flame range, thereby uselessly blowing their cover.
(For the record, the FT was quickly shot dead by follow-up ar cars soon after this action)

[Image: rtfq.gif]
Quote this message in a reply
09-24-2008, 01:00 AM,
You can see which army understands the use of camouflage and position. In the first shot, why would you dig nearly worthless shallow holes in the open when right behind you is a brush/wood line to dig in at and camouflage? Other shots demonstrate the Russians understood the need for camouflage, the Germans as well, the Americans struggle with it apparently even in Iraq - shallow holes in the open and too big to help much against mortars - albeit there probably wasn't much threat at the time judging by the misery factor evident in the troops attitudes. I hasten to add that the US Army can get it with leadership - my old sergeant was a master at defensive position camouflage. In the desert, the British trench lines that were even with the surround ground, giving no evidence of being there until you were close and no raised berm for an HE target were particularly interesting.
09-24-2008, 01:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-24-2008, 01:40 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
Ardennes WW2 foxhole still visible today

[Image: ardennfox.jpg]