• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Fighting tight
10-23-2007, 11:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-24-2007, 01:11 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
RE: Fighting tight
(sniffle) oh please make me funny...

[Image: jester.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
08-20-2008, 01:46 AM,
Fighting tight wins the day yet again, my Russian 57mm ATG knocks out two of Kevman's panzers (x'd) but their mates are on the spot to immediately return fire on the gun (it routed shortly after)

[Image: Kevhila.gif]
08-21-2008, 06:38 AM,
PoorOldSpike Wrote:Fighting tight wins the day yet again, my Russian 57mm ATG knocks out two of Kevman's panzers (x'd) but their mates are on the spot to immediately return fire on the gun (it routed shortly after)

[Image: Kevhila.gif]

So he was fighting in narrow terrain where his opponent has little opportunity to set up his defences for flanking shots, his opponent has limited AT capability, AND the attacker knows the strength of those AT forces, and yet for the loss of 2 guns the defender manages to take out 2/5 of the attacking armour pack.

Hmmm, seems to me that that is actually an example of the weakness of pack tactics.

Again. not saying there isn't a use for them,. just that they also have their weaknesses. Pack tactics are NOT the be all and end all of armoured warefare, merely another tactic to be used as and when appropriate, (and it's NOT always appropriate!)
08-23-2008, 06:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-24-2008, 04:42 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
Another stunning example of fighting tight, this from a Green Light tourney game today..

1- I send 4 panzers probing carefully on 'hunt' looking for their natural prey-Russian armour.
They find it as this KV-2 opens up on the panzer leader but his massive shell falls just short..
[Image: titea.gif]

2 - I hurry the other 3 panzers into tight formation so they can all pour fire down the red line
[Image: titeb.gif]

3- Bingo,the beast is clubbed to death with a mixture of penetrations, partials and ricochets, he couldn't beat the 4 to 1 odds..
[Image: titec.gif]

[Image: keyholeswat.jpg]