• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Quatre Bras misnamed in F40 map
03-26-2007, 03:56 PM,
Quatre Bras misnamed in F40 map
This one shouldn't have slipped bye the Napoleonic crowd for this long. QB should be on hex 239-77 not 235-63 which is actually Mt. St. Jean. Ligne is also misplaced at hex 240-65. It should be the town at hex 248-81. Howsomever, still the best map in the Pz. C series methinks. von ege :cool2:
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-2007, 01:28 PM,
RE: Quatre Bras misnamed in F40 map
Send this user an email
04-01-2007, 12:59 AM,
On the B44 map. Elsenborn Ridge label is misplaced and on the place of the Krinkelter Wald. The real Elsenborn Ridge is not labeled at all (and doesn't have to be IMO).
Glenn mailed me how I could change that, but it would be nice if it was corrected in the next update.

Huib
04-01-2007, 06:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-01-2007, 06:47 AM by Glenn Saunders.)
RE:��Quatre Bras misnamed in F40 map
Huib Wrote:On the B44 map ...

Sorry if I hadn't mentioned before that the Bulge Map was not one Blackie (and I in some part) had a hand in making. It is actually one Tiller did himself - like the MG44 map, another which I recall you had issues with.

Anyway - it isn't "my" map to make changes or judgement calls on, even though the Bulge and France map ovelay each other. I've made a number of recommendations for changes to both these maps - some have been accepted and many rejected for whatever reason. Those included your comments on the village near the east edge of the map near Nijmegan (I can't recall the name now off hand)

On France, - this was a project I had a larger hand in co-ordinating and as such I can pretty much do what I think should be done, as long as my source map doesn't say it is wrong. But for MG44 or Bulge, I don't have the source maps to even check against.

...on Sicily, Minsk, Stalingrad - many of the titles (but not Normandy either), if anyone wants something looked at - I am your man. But MG44 and Bulge will require John to look at - best email HPS Support - I can't just change those. Sorry.

Glenn
Send this user an email
04-01-2007, 08:55 AM,
Thanks Glenn,

I will drop a note at HPS. The Elsenborn ridge is mentioned quite often in the literature; it is more a military name for a row of hills than a name one would find on maps. Those who use the game map as a reference when reading (for which the B44 map is quite suited) may get confused when reading about the Elsenborn ridge.

The village (large town actually) in MG44 is Kleve. If there is ever to be a Rhineland 1945 title (I wish I had the tools to make it myself), the Reichswald portion cannot be copied from MG44. In MG44 it is not a big issue; just to those who know the area it looks a bit sloppy, but in a game dealing with the Veritable and Blockbuster operations,the right geographical features would be a must.

Currently I'm making the Rhineland for CS: see attached pic.
04-01-2007, 12:36 PM,
For you Bulge fanatics: I've replaced the stock B44 map graphic files with the F40 graphics. It works great for B44 as the F40 is the same terrain topography but just has better colors and is easier to read. von ege :whis:
04-01-2007, 03:29 PM,
RE:��Quatre Bras misnamed in F40 map
Huib Wrote:I will drop a note at HPS. The Elsenborn ridge is mentioned quite often in the literature;...

Can't hurt Huib, but I am pretty sure I passed on your info on this one and it didn't go anywhere.

Glenn
Send this user an email