• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Hard Attack,Soft Attack
03-28-2007, 07:37 AM,
RE: Hard Attack,Soft Attack
The book is "Panzertruppen... " or "Panzer truppen..." by Thomas Jentz. I founded that lots of WWII books quotes this book.
And Ricky B is right. According to book PzIV/43 were shipped to suthern divisions preparing for new offensive. Southern divisions were brought to 3 battalion strength in panzer regiments, while north divisions remained with 1-2 battalion. Every southern division was issued with 12 or 4 new PzIV tanks.
However, numers quoted are for begging of fall Blau, not for the Kharkov battle. Jentz mentioned that 23.Pz.div was provided with 12 pzIV/43, but only 6 arrived before May 12th. You may conclude that 2 were knocked out.

milicko
Quote this message in a reply
03-28-2007, 09:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-28-2007, 09:40 AM by Volcano Man.)
Yes, whether the L43 or L48 the rating should still be 16 (it is not enough difference to change the value a whole point either way). Ok, I will make the changes for the next update then.
Send this user an email
03-29-2007, 09:06 PM,
Two comments on this interesting thread
1) HA factors interact with target hard defense factors. Both need to be looked at.
2) It is difficult to get a good average for mixed tank batalions. No quality adjustment should allow a Panzer II to knock out a KV or T-34 tank. Mixed tank batailions reduce the value of the better tanks by averaging, but totally camoflage the weakness of the poor tanks.

I do understand the reason for their use: to reduce the number of units in large scenarios and allow easy combine/breakdown.

Is there anyone out there woth specific knowlege about the numbers and who had them, of M4 76's and Jumbos in the Bulge?...
03-30-2007, 03:13 AM,
If you don't like the mixed battalions,I suggest you try the K42 campaign(The original) as the Russian player. ;)
There is more to it than reducing the number of units on the map,I may be wrong,but I believe it was changed for the above reason.With the mixed you get one good sized useful unit as opposed to three smaller useless ones.An added benefit of mixed,is you cant focus on the best enemy tank and eliminate them first.After all,this is an operational level game.
In regard to Bulge armor ,there was a post a while back dealing with that.Don Fox is the guy to talk to about that,probably on the CS board.

Kuriltai

03-30-2007, 03:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-30-2007, 03:29 AM by Volcano Man.)
Send this user an email