• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

AI Orders
03-24-2007, 09:20 AM,
AI Orders
Boy I love this feature! Nice to see units can be given "Hold" orders and they won't go wandering every which way, leaving perfectly good defensive terrain! I'm using it for Kursk and I had a question about the "eaches". How do I give an AI order to all of the support units like engineers, AT, tank, and arty that belong to, say, a Soviet Army? Obviously if I give the 48th Army an order to move to a hex the whole army will move there. I tried it on an individual tank unit and the view AI orders showed the correct hex and "48th Army Units" - is this the lowest fidelity I can go here? And speaking of the corps and army level HQs, how do I give them an order so they stay within command range w/o having the whole army move there?
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2007, 10:01 AM,
RE: AI Orders
> if I give the 48th Army an order to move to a hex the whole army will move there. I tried it on an individual tank unit and the view AI orders showed the correct hex and "48th Army Units" - is this the lowest fidelity I can go here?

As a rule of thumb, when you issue an AI Order in the main game, then you must have the Highlight Org Button pressed. That Order will impact all the highlighted units.

I am not looking at the Game as I respond but I expect your AI Order could be for "48th Army" which is likely not something you want to do - or it is "48th Army Troops" which is a grouping of other smaller formations assigned to 48th Army which might be OK for you.

There is no provision for using AI Orders to manipulate single units in the main game although scn designers might be interested in hearing that single units can be assigned AI Orders in the editor.

Glenn
Send this user an email
03-24-2007, 10:07 AM,
I have found the AI orders both convenient and frustrating. Most times not all of the units move to their full extent. Sometimes I find that units in a formation with orders have not moved at all.

Still, it does tend to reduce the click-and-drag chores in large games.
03-24-2007, 11:01 PM,
Boy am I embarrassed. Glenn, I completely forgot to mention that my post above was in reference to how to use the AI orders function when I'm editing a scenario. In my above post I'm editing the basic full scenario that came with Kursk - sorry about the mixup. Same questions apply.
03-25-2007, 12:10 PM,
RE:��AI Orders
Send this user an email
03-25-2007, 11:34 PM,
Glenn,

Thank you - but I still have one lingering question: How do I move the Corps and Army HQs by themselves?
03-26-2007, 02:18 AM,
RE:��AI Orders
Send this user an email