• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

HQ in TFB
03-20-2007, 11:43 PM,
HQ in TFB
Hi! I use to play The First Blitzkrieg with HQ on but I do not really understand how to use them. How do I recognize what units belong to, say, the 4th german army? How close must the HQ be to the units to enhance effectiveness?

Filippo
Quote this message in a reply
03-21-2007, 01:15 AM,
RE: HQ in TFB
Hi Filippo,

HQs are not tied to any specific units. They provide benefits to units within range of them. There may be more to it than that but I remember that much at least. So you want your HQ near the critical areas - assume that with 2 day turns the nearby units get reassigned as needed, I think.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
03-21-2007, 01:23 AM,
Ricky B Wrote:Hi Filippo,

HQs are not tied to any specific units. They provide benefits to units within range of them. There may be more to it than that but I remember that much at least. So you want your HQ near the critical areas - assume that with 2 day turns the nearby units get reassigned as needed, I think.

Rick

I see. It makes sense but honestly I would have prefered to have the divisions split up in different armies with the possibilty to reassign them. I know, in practice the difference is small.

Filippo
03-21-2007, 03:37 AM,
RE:�� HQ in TFB
Valgua Wrote:...but honestly I would have prefered to have the divisions split up in different armies with the possibilty to reassign them.

The OOB in this game is not like PzC where there is a Unit Hierchy to ammend. It design was done that way because over time we want to transform the Series to be something you can plat the entire war or parts of the entire war complete with Unit Production - much like the old SPI War in Europe. For this, the overhead of building and maintaining an OOB Structure was beyond the scope of the project.

So in response I guess I would ask you to consider the scale and the scope or proposed direction the design is intended to take.

Glenn
Send this user an email
03-21-2007, 04:19 AM,
I am eager to see the next game of the series... :)
Send this user an email
03-21-2007, 05:12 AM,
Glenn Saunders Wrote:So in response I guess I would ask you to consider the scale and the scope or proposed direction the design is intended to take.

Glenn

I do. Believe me, I love TFB. It's a wonderful game.

Filippo
03-21-2007, 10:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-21-2007, 10:10 AM by Glenn Saunders.)
RE:���� HQ in TFB
Valgua Wrote:I do. Believe me, I love TFB. It's a wonderful game.

Filippo

We're making good progress on the next part but there is no telling when it will be ready. Obviously we don't rush things - but we don't set release dates - rather we work on it as time allows and when it is ready we Master it.

Glenn
Send this user an email
03-21-2007, 11:35 PM,
Glenn Saunders Wrote:We're making good progress on the next part but there is no telling when it will be ready. Obviously we don't rush things - but we don't set release dates - rather we work on it as time allows and when it is ready we Master it.

I like your philosophy. Is the next game going to deal with the east front?

Filippo
03-22-2007, 03:25 AM,
RE:������ HQ in TFB
Valgua Wrote:I like your philosophy. Is the next game going to deal with the east front?

Filippo

Big Grin

That's the million canadian dollars question :P
03-22-2007, 11:03 PM,
sergio Wrote:
Valgua Wrote:I like your philosophy. Is the next game going to deal with the east front?

Filippo

Big Grin

That's the million canadian dollars question :P

Yes, I know. That's exactly why I asked. :smoke:

Filippo