• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Email Issues
03-18-2007, 11:27 AM,
Email Issues
Quote this message in a reply
03-18-2007, 01:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-18-2007, 01:52 PM by Dirk Gross.)
RE: Email Issues
Sounds complicated to me.

Here's what I do:

Name your game file with a special character in front like !MEvHIM.bte. The special character will put your game file at the top of the game directory file list for easy searching.

At the conclusion of your turn, open up explorer to the game directory, and right-click on the game file. Winzip and other compression programs usually add a command to your right-click command menu list, and one may be "zip and email..." or "compress and email...". Select that and your email pops up with your zipped/compressed game file already attached, and no zip files are left in your game directory to clutter it up or confuse you. Simply address your email, send it, and you're done.

When you get a turn, simply unzip the attached file into your game directory overwriting your existing game file.

There is no reason to rename files by turns. As you discovered, your emails will have all the turns you need in order and dated if you need to go back to a previous move. For me, this is as simple as it gets and I rarely get files mixed up.
03-18-2007, 09:50 PM,
It's also a good idea to delete the old bte or winzip file in the game folder befor downloading the new game turn. Sometimes the files don't refresh and you get the Netherlands map instead of Poland or other strange things.
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
03-19-2007, 12:14 PM,
I have had a similar problem with TFB. That is the wrong map with no units. To resolve this make sure you and your opponent have the same version or patch applied.