• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Changing Optional Rules Settings
03-15-2007, 07:46 PM,
Changing Optional Rules Settings
I asked this question a looooong time ago and IIRC the answer was "no" - but I wanted to check again. Is there a file I can access that would allow me to change an optional rule (or more than one optional rule) after I've got several turns into a game? It seems there should be some way to access a game file and either change from "Y" to "N" or "On" to "Off" and vice versa. For PBEM, I can certainly understand the need to "lock" the optional rules down, but as someone who plays a combination of solitaire, hot seat with a neighbor, and against the AI, it's someone annoying to not be able to change optional rules mid-stride - please tell me there's a way to wicker this as I really don't want to start a game over just because I made a bad decison in choosing a particular optional rule.
Quote this message in a reply
03-15-2007, 09:20 PM,
RE: Changing Optional Rules Settings
Sorry, I do not think there is a way to change the optional rules once the scenario is started, against the AI or in PBEM it works the same.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
03-15-2007, 11:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-15-2007, 11:06 PM by Ricky B.)
[Image: exercise.png]
03-16-2007, 03:58 AM,
When I get home from work today I'll take you up on your kind offer sir and send the save game file to you straight away. I must confess that I'm a bit incredulous about this as HPS has given us the tools to darn near modify or change anything - seems like this should be a straight forward matter, particularly as I said above that I don't do PBEM (and therefore my save game files are unencrypted) so I would think I'd have a little more latitude in making changes mid-stream.
03-16-2007, 04:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-16-2007, 04:22 AM by Volcano Man.)
Send this user an email
03-16-2007, 06:05 AM,
Worked just like you said - thank you!!!
03-16-2007, 06:51 AM,
You're welcome. :)
Send this user an email
03-16-2007, 12:43 PM,
Learn something new every day. I just did.

Tip of the hat to VM.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp