• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

"Thet's noo ordnary Rabbit, it's the mos foul, crul, bad timpred Rodent!" R4 Sitreps
03-29-2007, 09:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-02-2007, 04:59 PM by Digger.)
RE: "Thet's noo ordnary Rabbit, it's the mos foul, crul, bad timpred Rodent!" R4 Sitreps
5km East of St Vith, Somewhere in the Ardennes

Axis Turn 6

American artillery falls in a random manner in the north and south around Keppelborn and Neidingen with little impact, as the Americans continue to disappear from view. An unlucky halftrack section, seeking the safety of the Kninels Berg, drives straight under the guns of a Panther platoon on overwatch on the rise above Keppelborn, and all three of the vehicles are disabled. Another halftrack section, not to be discouraged by the fate of their friends, stops in plain LOS of the offending Panther platoon. The American Engineer and Mortar team, still licking their wounds from the retreat from Keppelborn, retreat further down the road to the west in a battered state. In the south and centre the enemy has completely disappeared for view.

The German artillery response falls on empty positions in the south but in the north locates an 81mm team 1km north of Keppelborn forcing it to retreat with the loss of one tube. Elsewhere artillery hits suspected positions with the customary couple of rounds into St Vith itself, but with no apparent effect.

Sonderheid's 1st Platoon rushes down the hill from Keppelborn overruning the exhausted 60mm mortar section, as the Panthers move down the hill to surround the disrupted Engineers attempting to escape form Keppelborn. Realising their fate is sealed, they fire a few desultory bazooka rounds at the oncoming tanks, before raising their hands in surrender. Further to the north the 81mm mortar platoon is located by another Panther platoon and is dealt with with one of Striecher's platoons. The final Panther platoon fires a killing shot at the foolhardy halftracks in the Kninels Berg before resuming their overwatch duties.

Elsewhere, the Landsers struggle forward through the wet terrain in the north, centre and south, but fail to contact the Americans. It seems barring a couple of jeeps in the north, they have completely disappeared from view. Though with the rumble of tank tracks being heard in the distance. It is certain they wont be idle for that long.
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2007, 04:11 PM,
RE: "Thet's noo ordnary Rabbit, it's the mos foul, crul, bad timpred Rodent!" R4 Sitreps
04-03-2007, 08:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-03-2007, 08:51 PM by Digger.)
4km East of St Vith, Somewhere in the Ardennes

Axis Turn 7

With no visible spotters the American artillery falls with little impact and the German response is equally ineffectual, with the exception of forcing a jeep on the outskirts of St Vith to hightail it. A least the smoke mission landed in place on the edge of Wallerode.

Little enemy movement is noticed, but plenty is heard, except for the Engineer platoon and machine-gun section withdrawing up the Eiterbuch - St Vith road and taking up blocking positions in sight of Wallerode.

The barrage settles in the north to reveal a halftrack section spotting the German advance accross the Bullingen - St Vith road. A Panther platoon reverses on to the rise above the road and dispatches it with Germanic precision. The platoon maintains LOS as the Lemnitz's landsers advance to the road, without meeting any resistance.

Using the smoke as cover two platoons of Sonderheid's company, supported by a Panther platoon advance to the edge of Wallerode. From these heights Sonderheid's men are able to look down at St Vith some 3km away. The town is looks strangely quiet from this distance and unoccupied, though it is doubtful to remain this way for long.

Still struggling up the sealed road from Eiterbuch the Bicyclists and their supporting vehicles fail to contact the enemy as they fan out through the St Vith Wald, looking for enemy stragglers.

Moving north in an attempt to contact the withdrawing enemy, Stoesser's company, reinforced with a platoon of engineers leave the Schlierbach - St Vith road and enter the St Vith Wald. Advancing slowly the 2nd platoon and the machinegun platoon are fired upon by the same infantry, machine-guns and mortars and five men and an MG-42 are lost. The remaining machinegunners come streaming back past Stoesser's 2nd platoon looking somewhat perturbed. The 2nd platoon returns fire and the machinegun section disappears in a hail of bullets. Advancing from the southwest the Engineers and the 3rd Platoon advance forward and fire into the Americans. The infantry are wiped out and the mortar section retreats onto a muddy forest road, right in front of a rather startled Hetzer platoon, advancing from Eiterbuch. Fortunately for them, they have no time to load the cannon.

General Grabung, seated at a roadside cafe in Eiterbuch watches as reinforcements begin to pass him towards the frontline. He pours over updated maps of the advance so far. Muttering to himself.

"Lemnitz has done well in the north, sweeping the enemy aside and has acheived control of the main road, as well as LOS into St Vith. In the South and centre the advance has been slower and more cautious, perhaps too slow, but it is the shortest route to St Vith and no doubt well defended. Fichtner was told to wait for reinforcements. Now they have arrived perhaps the attack will resume with more gusto"

One thought still bothered him, however, ringing at the rear of his mind like a church bell. "Where have those Americans got to?"
04-04-2007, 09:52 AM,
Heavy Metal Thunder Tide1 vs Der Stuber

Cpt. Tide1 sits by the command radio in the Wolvarine listening to the chatter. It seems the Brits in the north are in a bit of trouble but not to worry things will sort themselves out. Cpt. Tide1 knew that in Brit speak that means they had thier ass's handed to them in a large and painful way. He gets on the battalion net and asks for permision to pay the cousins a visit. With permission granted Cpt. Tide1 orders his mixed company to prepare for the road march. He looks around and spots Pvt. Mitchell stowing the new case of JB onto the Wolvarine, good man that Mitchell I think I'll promote him soon. He tells the Pvt. to join him in the turret of the Wolvarine and to bring a fresh bottle with him. We'll be going to meet some gentlemen of culture Pvt. if any are still alive that is.
COMPANY MOVEOUT!!!
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
04-04-2007, 03:34 PM,
04-04-2007, 04:05 PM,
GERMANS, St. Vith, turn 5
units occupy
Medell, Depertstberg, Eiterbuch, Setz, Schlierbach, Breitfeld,
Schleid Berg and Neidingen.
light losses
04-05-2007, 01:15 AM,
RE: "Thet's noo ordnary Rabbit, it's the mos foul, crul, bad timpred Rodent!" R4 Sitr
Cross of Lorraine
Peiper vs Smedley
Turn 13

Sturmbannfuhrer Kirsch has been pleading for reinforcements for what seems like an eternity! His III Battalion has held out in La Haye Du Puits for over an hour. The Americans have been shelling his forces and assaulting with armor and infantry. The SS losses have been light but the regular army units have been hit hard. Almost all of the AT guns have been lost and only two Stugs remain.

The Americans have taken heavy losses. Mostly from arty. Almost five companies of US infantry have been destroyed. However, only one Sherman has been destroyed.

Hill 84 is under constant attack and needs to be held at all costs. If it falls the defenders in La Haye Du Puits will be cut off.......

Rob
04-06-2007, 07:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-06-2007, 07:42 AM by Hobbes.)
St. Vith: Turn 12
Hobbes (Allies) v Nort (Axis)

Promises made to Thor, to report back on situation .... but radio communication difficult.

Just returned from extended stay in Paris to be faced with this! .... signal weak.

Have managed to fight through roads full of both retreating and advancing troops to report to General Hoge in undisclosed location. Hoge reports early successes in destroying up to 12 Hetzer's on the road outside Breitfeld but this location is now overrun.... crackle ....

Small success reported by M36 tank destroyers taking out 2 Panthers to the north-east of St. Vith but the enemy seem to be closing rapidly on the town. Hoge recognizes our opponents method of operation and seems shaken. The German corps commander Nort is known to him. I think fondly of Paris and if I will ever get back there, back into the arms of Brigitte.

"We need to keep the goddamn road from Vith to Nieder open, every ambush we set is uncovered you green sons of a b**ches"

I take my leave and head to the front carrying Hoge's cry with me. I must say he doesn't seem like a commander at the top of his game, who would be with Nort in front of him? But maybe that's just me, maybe that time in Paris made me soft. My heckles are up but so is my blood.

The radio crackles one last time before it dies ....

04-10-2007, 07:28 AM,
RE:��"Thet's noo ordnary Rabbit, it's the mos foul, cruel and bad tempered Rodent!" SFS R4
04-11-2007, 05:34 AM,
Thor i could put up something on my game with Pete but it wouldnt be nice for my opponent hence no sitrep.Im not the kind of player who wants to do such things.Hope you understand.Dont get me wrong hes fighting until the end etc and a fair and generous opponent.