• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Does size matter?
03-05-2007, 04:29 AM,
RE: Does size matter?
CryWell darn,
Shame I didn't see this until today Matt, I would have loved to play against you again after all this time. Well, maybe later if your game..

PS, I agree with your assesment of the Rzhavets scenario, a very fun monster :-)

--John
Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2007, 03:57 PM,
Hey John,
Good to see you back. I'll be in touch when I can get in another game. I'm looking forward to it.

Take it easy,
Matt
Kurt Knispel, greatest Panzer Ace of them all. 168 confirmed kills!
03-07-2007, 04:59 AM,
Personnally I do not like the bigger scn's. It is tough enough to get players to do regular turns on smaller ones. If I have a 45-60 turn scn that takes a hour a turn or better I will be lucky to get it played in 30 weeks with most of my opponents. It also drives me nuts to try and keep track of all the different units on the board and what is load versus unloaded, etc. Give me a good fast paced 18-24 turn medium scn any day.

I especially like the DGVN scn's and with the new mobility and weapons the game is much more fast paced. It is kinda like the difference between golf and basketball. I like both but would rather watch basketball as it has a faster pace to it. That is the way DGVN is to WF or EF.

j
03-07-2007, 10:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-07-2007, 10:57 AM by Hobbes.)
I can recommend "Hell's Corner: Vanguard" as a decent large WF scenario. It's a 9 in size so it's perfect for those weekends when you have nothing better to do! Not too big to have to be a team game. (I'm reduced to peddaling my scenarios on these boards - it can be tough to get a new scenario noticed so I will take any opportunity I can :) )

Cheers, Chris

03-07-2007, 03:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-07-2007, 03:55 PM by Occam.)
von Heimberg Wrote:I love the bigger scenarios. They give you more room to maneuver and usually a great force mix. I also think they're more forgiving if you make a mistake or your opponent catches you with your pants down.

Von H

Agree

I always pick the full campaign.
Unfortunately several opponents have forfieted cause 'it was all too
much'
This i think is because many get impatient with manoeuvre.
That want combat straight off !!!!!
More than 1/2 the fun is geting your forces in really good position.
Love it.

Nick

PS. One guy actually forfieted a waterloo camp...on turn 20.
Why i asked.
"he said. where the hell do i fight a real battle..this is taking forever."

03-07-2007, 10:07 PM,
That's called the instant gratification General...then when they get thier clock cleaned because of being impatient they scream the scenario is no good :-)
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
03-08-2007, 06:46 AM,
Oh yeah large and bad no doubt but fun to play.