• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Stock Scenario?
02-21-2007, 03:29 PM,
Stock Scenario?
Looking at the S41 scenarios I find that "Drive on Smolensk" is big and very balanced. It says it's a stock scenario (xp2_smolenskrevised.scn), yet I don't find it in the game folder. I've downloaded the expansion pack of 10 scenarios from HPS, but don't find it there either.

What am I missing here. Besides the scenario of course. :conf:
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2007, 04:05 PM,
RE: Stock Scenario?
Sgt Barker Wrote:Looking at the S41 scenarios I find that "Drive on Smolensk" is big and very balanced. It says it's a stock scenario (xp2_smolenskrevised.scn), yet I don't find it in the game folder. I've downloaded the expansion pack of 10 scenarios from HPS, but don't find it there either.

What am I missing here. Besides the scenario of course. :conf:

Sgt Barker:

Mike Avanzini's XPak2 is more or less the defacto standard I think.

Mike works with HPS on a number of projects as well as his Maps are part of virtually every HPS Game now. You can download his scn pack from this location.

http://members.shaw.ca/gcsaunders/smolensk_bp2.html

Glenn
Send this user an email
02-21-2007, 04:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-21-2007, 04:27 PM by Sgt Barker.)
RE: Stock Scenario?
Thanks much!

** on edit **

Ahh, breakdown/recombine. Those came later in the evolution of PzC, and was retrofitted into S41?
02-21-2007, 05:10 PM,
RE:��Stock Scenario?
Sgt Barker Wrote:Thanks much!

** on edit **

Ahh, breakdown/recombine. Those came later in the evolution of PzC, and was retrofitted into S41?

Well - when the system was developed there was two games on the table Smolensk and Normandy - both very different games designed by guys with different ways to do things.

So, to answer you question, Breakdown and recombine was in teh game from the start but I think the guy who got going on the first of the series wanted to keep that title simple.

Over time, people more or less liked the breakdown - particularly for the Germans at least on East Front titles so Mike retro fitted that game and I thik it is what most gamers continue to play.

Glenn
Send this user an email