• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

31 Days in November?
02-20-2007, 10:33 PM,
31 Days in November?
Whilst checking the weather dat file in S42 I noticed an entry for 31 11 42. I noticed that M41 has a 31 11 41 as well. I am perplexed and somewhat disconcerted that the much needed release of Panzer units in S42 may be delayed by this curious extra day. Is this just an oversight in the weather dat file or is the turn calender/track also infected with this extra day???? I note that September only has 30 days so its not a generic 31 days for every month.
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2007, 01:00 PM,
RE: 31 Days in November?
Krak Wrote:Whilst checking the weather dat file in S42 I noticed an entry for 31 11 42. I noticed that M41 has a 31 11 41 as well. I am perplexed and somewhat disconcerted that the much needed release of Panzer units in S42 may be delayed by this curious extra day. Is this just an oversight in the weather dat file or is the turn calender/track also infected with this extra day???? I note that September only has 30 days so its not a generic 31 days for every month.

Krak - the weather file is very exact in format. Screw up the Date format with a space in the wrong place and you have trouble *if* you notice on time.

So when I have a file that works - I use it. I copy the format from one place to the next and then using a text editor and do a search and replace. If the file has an extra line that is of no matter for me because the editor does not allow 31 Nov.

Feel free to delete it if you like.

Now if you find a weather file with only 30 lines in a month that has 31 days, then that is a problem - please let me know and I'll fix it.

Glenn
Send this user an email
02-21-2007, 10:37 PM,
Thanks Glenn for clearing it up. I was only concerned there may have been a 31 Nov turn thats all. That would mean another day without the 6th Panzer. Cheers
02-22-2007, 02:17 AM,
To suppliment Glenns' answer:

I am almost positive that the 31st November date in the weather file would be skipped, as the engine does match the date up with the date in the weather file to determine what the weather forcast is for that day. Since there is not 31 days in November, this line would be skipped. So it is not the other way around in that the engine does not get the day from the weather file.

There is usually a lot of copying and pasting involved with making weather.dat files. The designer usually creates one month, then copies and pastes it and then changes the month numbers and the weather values so that the entire thing does not have to be typed from scratch. No doubt that an oversight like this would occur from copying and pasting the month before but it shouldn't cause a problem.
Send this user an email