• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Greetings, and looking for a game
02-19-2007, 05:52 AM,
Greetings, and looking for a game
Hello all,

As a shiny new recruit to the BWC I'm interested in playing my first, yes first, Panzer Campaign game against a human opponent. Not being a complete moron it should be less of a burden than one might think, but it will be my initiation to PBEM play, so caveat, etc, etc.

I own S41, St42, and K43 (hope those acronyms are accurate...), so any of the small/medium scenarios from one of them would be great.

As background, though a new recruit here I'm actually a crusty old bastard who cut his wargaming teeth on Tactics II as a wee lad back in the 60s. Fourty years later I'm still gaming, though in all that time I've never pursued "board gaming" online against real people. Time for that to change... so here I am.

I like to win, am not a sore loser when I don't, and have always stuck with the motto that "the game's the thing." I like to play wargames, pure and simple.

I can complete (probably, having zip experience), at least 3-5 turns a week. One thing I do believe in is communication, so whatever's going on my opponent will never be left hanging wondering what's going on.

That's about it. Oh yeah, Panzer Campaigns. Picked up Kursk years ago and never played it. Loaded it up a couple of months ago, actually read the manual, and discovered that hey, this Tiller guy put together a pretty fun system. Been dinking around with it and the others I recently bought for the past few weeks. Learning the ins and outs, but am by no means an expert at them... though I have learned that assaulting infantry in a pill box, up hill, through mine fields, doesn't work very well... funny, I thought I knew that before I tried it... must learn to recognize contour lines here... :rolleyes:

Anyway, that is it. I look forward to meeting you guys.

Eric
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2007, 05:55 AM,
RE: Greetings, and looking for a game
Hi Eric pick a game out and send it
02-19-2007, 06:05 AM,
Sweet! PM sent.
02-19-2007, 06:51 AM,