• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Possible glitch?
02-14-2007, 06:52 AM,
Possible glitch?
Don't know if this has been spotted before but here's something I noticed playing K85.

Normally when Defensive fire disrupts your unit when you fire upon it during your turn, it takes away a "shot" or 1/3 or your APs.
So instead of the 3 shots, you're left with a disrupted unit and 1 less shot. Correct?

However I noticed that if you're assaulting with an undisrupted unit and enemy OPP fire prior to your assault disrupts your unit you were going to assault with, this unit only becomes disrupted and does NOT lose his "shot" or APs.

Is this correct?

I've also noticed that helo units can Dig in when not In travel mode, shouldn't they be treated in similar respects to HQ units that cannot dig in?
I mean I can't imagine a few Chopper pilots "digging in" around their helipads..

Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
Quote this message in a reply
02-14-2007, 07:01 AM,
RE: Possible glitch?
You are correct on #1.

I believe #2 is correct as well as it happens in other games than just K85.

As for digging a bunker for a Cobra, I would agree that might be an oversight. I wonder if it applies in FG85 or NGP as well?
02-14-2007, 07:02 AM,
Hey RedDevil,

On the first question, what happens when a unit disrupts is that it loses half its movement points as a penalty for being disrupted. If it hasn't used any movement before getting disrupted, then it has half its movement remaining, and a disrupted unit's full movement is half the regular movement so it still has 100% of its actions left for the turn because its movement = full ability of a disrupted unit to move.

Then if the unit has already moved or fired, and disrupts, it will lose half its full movement, which compared to the half regular movement it has as a base "loses" a firing action if it still had 2 fires left. Basically it is going from 2/3 of its movement, losing half of that leaves 1/6, which is 1/3 of its disrupted movement ability, or 1 fire left. If it has less than 2 fires left when it disrupts, then it won't be able to fire at all, and probably will have 0 movement left.

Hope that helps explain it :-). Not the clearest thing I can do, but scribbling forumulas to show how it all ties together is too hard here!

On the helos digging in, the point you raise is reasonable, but hard telling how much more they helo rules might be tweaked based on comments Glenn has made before, just because there is a lot of work involved I think.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
02-14-2007, 07:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-14-2007, 07:16 AM by RedDevil.)
I not sure figured this right, Rick :)

My unit was undisrupted with full movement/APs in a hex with 2 disrupted units, all with their full compliment of APs.

I went to assault a unit adjacent to me, but was disrupted on his defensive fire, but instead of losing any APs, I was simply disrupted and retained all my APs and was able to shoot 3 times as the other 2 "already" disrupted units in the same hex were.

Whereas I thought that a disruption result cost any unit APs and had normally experienced the loss of a shot or less movement.

I'm just imagining the hole 1 chopper pilot will need to dig to get that Cobra "hull down" :)

Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
02-14-2007, 08:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-14-2007, 08:10 AM by Ricky B.)
[Image: exercise.png]
02-14-2007, 08:10 AM,
I think that what Rick is saying is that your AP's are 1/2 an undisrupted unit -- so you would not get to move as far, but you would still get 3 shots since you have a full complement of AP's for a disrupted unit. Not saying it's right or wrong but I have noticed this before too and now it's good to hear that there is some thought behind it rather than a random glitch.

Fury
02-14-2007, 08:17 AM,
ok that makes better sense :)

02-14-2007, 08:56 AM,
Hi all

On the subject of K85 - I have noticed that helos dont seem to be able to fly over full water hexes.

Im pretty new to the game - so was wondering if this had been raised before, and if so, whats the reason?

Cheers

Chris
02-14-2007, 09:12 AM,
They can fly over water, just not in packs/stacks.. move them singly and regroup over land
02-14-2007, 09:25 AM,
Nice one Randy - Thanks

Told you I had'nt done much with this one!! ;)

Chris